Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW StellaMira 90mm ED Triplet Refractor

FLO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Spaced Out said:

Anyone know if a ZWO EAF will fit this telescope ?

It does.  Grant @ FLO provided some good insights on best fitting, so worth an email.  I ended up doing it very slightly differently (re-using the thumb screw) but still seemed solid.  

image.png.380e934f3d6017aae4cd0faf9d5ae558.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, geeklee said:

It does.  Grant @ FLO provided some good insights on best fitting, so worth an email.  I ended up doing it very slightly differently (re-using the thumb screw) but still seemed solid.  

That's great. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 19:04, Sunshine said:

Aw c'mon! we're not talking nuclear submarine propulsion systems here!

Don't feel bad, I get the same answer from our venders in the States too.

Edited by Mike Q

1 hour ago, scitmon said:

Is there a 100mm on the horizon?  

We have a number of telescopes in the pipeline but are currently not able to share info. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, scitmon said:

Why is the 104 ED not for sale anymore?

Lack of availability. We hope the situation for this model will improve. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time I've used my gear for a few months ! Have I put something round the wrong way in my imaging train because my focuser need to be racked right out now and before it was around 30mm !

PXL_20220807_214815152.MP.jpg

On 07/08/2022 at 22:57, SAW said:

Have I put something round the wrong way in my imaging train because my focuser need to be racked right out now and before it was around 30mm !

At first glance, I think your reducer is upside down 🙂 

If you emailed us over the weekend (we close for weekends) one of my colleagues will see and reply directly today. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

My latest effort NGC 7023 with the Stellamira 90mm as we had a run of a few clear nights lately. LRGB image stacked and processed in PixInsight and Affinity Photo. Ioptron GEM45, ZWO183MM. ZWO 7 position filter with Optolong filters, Astro Essentials 50mm guide scope with ZWO120MM mini camera. Captured with APT.

NGC 7023.png

Edited by SAW
  • Like 5

On 12/01/2022 at 22:39, Mr Spock said:

There are some nice images coming out of this scope 👍

Indeed there are 🙂 

Thank-you to everyone who has shared images made using their StellaMira 90mm. They are much appreciated 🤗

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/07/2022 at 13:24, geeklee said:

Hi, just wondering how the adjustment knob comes off. Mine arrived today and want to transfer my EAF over to it. Don't wanna break it before I use it.

1 hour ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Hi, just wondering how the adjustment knob comes off. Mine arrived today and want to transfer my EAF over to it. Don't wanna break it before I use it.

If I remember right it has a grub screw that loosens and lets you slide off the coarse adjustment knob.

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Pretty sure the grub screw on the right doesn't do anything so whip it out and then you'll have access to the 2 grub screws holding the coarse knob on.

Yeah, you're right, I took a punt on that earlier. Was a bit worried at first in case it was a tension screw and didn't want to mess it up on first day. 

Ok, first full night with my new SM90. Just wondering if there's any way via 3d printing or something else to get a graduated ring for the rotator on one of these. Never had a rotator before and now I've got 2 on the same scope. 

When framing in NINA it would be nice to check the rotation needed on screen and then apply the same accurately on the scope.

On 17/09/2022 at 14:00, Anthonyexmouth said:

Ok, first full night with my new SM90. 

How was it ? 

I’ve had a run of unfortunate circumstances. Apart from just a couple of hours to set up and test the FF spacing when I first bought it, I’ve not been able to get out with mine again. Hopefully this will change in 2 weeks time, looking forward to actually using it. 🙂