Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW StellaMira 90mm ED Triplet Refractor

FLO

14 minutes ago, Jonny_H said:

Thanks Gary.

I plan to use a 2600MM with the SM 90ED.  Do you use the same camera?

Regards,

Jonny

Hi Jonny

I am using the Altair Astro version of the 2600MM, the Hypercam 26M.

Edited by Gary Clayton

1 hour ago, Gary Clayton said:

Hi Jonny

I am using the Altair Astro version of the 2600MM, the Hypercam 26M.

Thanks Gary,

I made the mistake of "Googling" and there seems to be a lot of people in the "you absolutely must get 2" filters with the 2600MM" camp.  It seems to be down to apparent bad vignetting, but I'm not convinced it is that bad.

As you say a fair number of people use 36mm with no issues at all....but some of the comments have seeded a tad of doubt!

Regards,

Jonny

• 3 months later...
On 28/08/2023 at 13:17, Jonny_H said:

Thanks Gary,

I made the mistake of "Googling" and there seems to be a lot of people in the "you absolutely must get 2" filters with the 2600MM" camp.  It seems to be down to apparent bad vignetting, but I'm not convinced it is that bad.

As you say a fair number of people use 36mm with no issues at all....but some of the comments have seeded a tad of doubt!

Regards,

Jonny

Are you sure the 2" argument isn't for the OSC version as the OSC filters tend to be 1.25" and 2" and nothing in between so would make sense 

• 3 months later...
On 14/09/2022 at 15:40, geeklee said:

If I remember right it has a grub screw that loosens and lets you slide off the coarse adjustment knob.

Sorry to respond late to this post.

I can't seem to find the grub screw which allows the coarse adjustment knob to come off - any advice appreciated.

MM

3 hours ago, MonsterMagnet said:

I can't seem to find the grub screw which allows the coarse adjustment knob to come off - any advice appreciated.

You need to rotate the focuser until the grub screw comes into view through the hole underneath.

IMG_6532.thumb.jpg.a0460e65e60f6707515d26b8e43f2ac7.jpg

HTH.

:) 

• Like 2