SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nagler 31 if anyone’s looking …

1 hour ago, Captain Magenta said:

It appears to have sold. I hope @popeye85 got it? A real treat and something of a bargain for what one day I reckon will become collected

I have a sneaky feeling that he might have😉😉

Thanks @Captain Magentafor the tip of👍

The funny thing is that when this came up I was engaged in another post debating whether i should get a 31mm or a 22mm eyepiece! I hope I made the right decision🤞🤞🤞

Edited by popeye85
  • Like 2

On 29/07/2021 at 23:40, Captain Magenta said:

... and Customs Processing Theft Fee, which is always in there somewhere, even if they decide Customs is not applicable!

Got royally caught with this, shipping a filter  from the US. Customs duty and processing fee was £20, which when added to VAT and a poor PayPal exchange rate, meant I lost out. Annoying!

I was tempted by this eyepiece as I’ve been looking for one but put off by the ‘small spot’ on the barrel side lens. I took it as a damage mark but could be anything.  Was I being too fussy? I don’t think it will have any affect in views at this power but for me it’s a lot of money to spend on something not optically perfect. None of my eyepieces have anything like that so felt it would have niggled me. Interested to hear others thoughts as my experience is limited so maybe I missed out on a bargain on something I’ve been looking for for a while. 

Edited by Sirius Bizness
Mistake referencing incorrect item not related

15 hours ago, Stardaze said:

Got royally caught with this, shipping a filter  from the US. Customs duty and processing fee was £20, which when added to VAT and a poor PayPal exchange rate, meant I lost out. Annoying!

If you sell it on to someone in the US, can you reclaim that VAT tax at that time from the guv'mint?

3 hours ago, Louis D said:

If you sell it on to someone in the US, can you reclaim that VAT tax at that time from the guv'mint?

It's no bother Louis, live and learn hey. I should have read a little more into it. I still want the product, it's just I've spent a fair bit more than I should have, never mind. 

22 hours ago, Sirius Bizness said:

I’ve been looking for one but put off by the ‘small spot’ on the barrel side lens. I took it as a damage mark but could be anything.

Pretty sure this is just a light reflection as it shows in other pictures too. You can always contact the seller if in doubt in future and ask for further pictures. A genuine seller will always do this in my experience.

47 minutes ago, Stu said:

Pretty sure this is just a light reflection as it shows in other pictures too. You can always contact the seller if in doubt in future and ask for further pictures. A genuine seller will always do this in my experience.

Totally agree with Stu, sounds like a reflection. 

I'm the seller and I must say that doesn't look like the same eyepiece.

The photos were taken prior to the advert being placed, one photo as @Stu has posted and the eyepiece was then capped, boxed & not used again. 

If you're not happy I'm more than happy to take the eyepiece back, just pm me and we can sort out the return.

Edited by Plantins

10 minutes ago, Plantins said:

I'm the seller and I must say that doesn't look like the same eyepiece.

The photos were taken prior to the advert being placed, one photo as @Stu has posted and the eyepiece was then capped, boxed & not used again. 

I can't understand that photo?

I can assure you it is the same eyepiece.  Why would I lie? I have not asked for a refund and have no axe to grind with you.

When I took the photo the flash was on which would have highlighted any extra dust. I have ordered a bottle of Baader wonder fluid from Flo which should clean it up no problem.

Not a problem mark.

I have replied to your message, but just to make it clear to everyone that I am neither asking for a refund or, more importantly, casting doubt on @Plantins honesty! 

I got a good deal and with the correct cleaning fluid it is something easily solved👍👍

Edited by popeye85
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, popeye85 said:

Not a problem mark.

I have replied to your message, but just to make it clear to everyone that I am neither asking for a refund or, more importantly, casting doubt on @Plantins honesty! 

I got a good deal and with the correct cleaning fluid it is something easily solved👍👍

The baader fluid is spot on. There’s plenty of videos previously posted here if you do a quick search. 
The basic approach is to use a blower to remove as much as possible first, then a couple of sprays on the cloth (not the lens!)and dab the areas obviously needed. New part of the cloth, spray and very lightly finish in the usual motion. If you need to get into the edge, use a cotton bud but finish with a dry cloth. I normally use a lens pen brush to knock any persistent dust particles off too. 

I bought an EP secondhand recently and had to do the same.

On 30/07/2021 at 19:16, Captain Magenta said:

Wow because I’m officially “watching” this I get the “seller offer”. Seller just offered it to me and other watchers for £410.

I paid £350 off someone on this forum about a year ago, so pretty chuffed with that.  If it's not near half price I don't bother.  Excellent ep!

• Like 1