NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi All

Paul779

Hi everyone

Been lurking for a bit its about time i said Hi.

I ve been having ago at astrophotography for a few months now..... It all started back in the summer after stumbling across a video on Youtube (Astrobiscuits Budget Astrophotography with a DSLR). I was intrigued by whats up there that we cant see fully with the naked eye. So here i am a few hundred quid lighter trying to do this on some sort of budget,it can be done but its not easy.

I already had a DSLR Sony A200 unmodded. I managed to get hold of a Skywatcher ED80 Pro Series(gold tube) relatively cheaply,and then found an old Mizar SP equatorial mount with tripod for a fiver. I bought an eq2 motor (9v) and butchered it a little to fit as the original quartz drive one was impossible to find, with this i can get 30s subs no probs any longer requires spot on PA which has been difficult to achieve.

My issues so far are lack of skills processing the stacked image and i need to get far more light frames when working with 30s unguided.

Recently aquired a modified Canon 450D from a member on here,looking forward to using that.

Images so far:

1.thumb.jpg.d69b7528abd701bc1ff4c1b9c479603f.jpgRing.thumb.jpg.be96e24fc82c1f8fa95dedf622b90cb1.jpgOrion.thumb.jpg.f215a4680aa99a8062aa3d34ad9cc28d.jpg

Not fantastic but a start.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul779
  • Like 5

Welcome to SGL Paul :)

Nice pic, hey I have been doing Astronomy since 1968 and have yet to take my first photo 😆

Actually, I did mess around with film many years ago, I had my own darkroom.

Thanks for joining us 😊

• 3 weeks later...