Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Midland, Tx

bsshog40

Hello all. I have had a few telescopes in the past years. Mostly a couple small Meades and then I graduated to celestron. I have a CPC 8 right now but it's packed away. So I bought me a little MAK C90 spotting scope. Not a bad little scope. Was able to see the Conjunction or Jupiter & Saturn a week or so ago. Right now I'm trying to setup my canon to my C90. I bought one of those variable telescope camera adapters but my Nexstar Plossi's won't fit into them. So I have a couple questions.

1. I have threads on these Plossi's that thread directly to my T-adapter. Will I get the same effect going straight from camera - t-Adapter - lense - scope?

@. If I have to use the variable adapetr, can I buy one that these fat plossi's will fit in to? 

Thanks all and hope to have some fun here. 

Btw, my other forums/hobbies are Coins, vintage watches & guns. Lol

7 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

Hello all. I have had a few telescopes in the past years. Mostly a couple small Meades and then I graduated to celestron. I have a CPC 8 right now but it's packed away. So I bought me a little MAK C90 spotting scope. Not a bad little scope. Was able to see the Conjunction or Jupiter & Saturn a week or so ago. Right now I'm trying to setup my canon to my C90. I bought one of those variable telescope camera adapters but my Nexstar Plossi's won't fit into them. So I have a couple questions.

1. I have threads on these Plossi's that thread directly to my T-adapter. Will I get the same effect going straight from camera - t-Adapter - lense - scope?

@. If I have to use the variable adapetr, can I buy one that these fat plossi's will fit in to? 

Thanks all and hope to have some fun here. 

Btw, my other forums/hobbies are Coins, vintage watches & guns. Lol

Welcome to SGL.

If I've understood you correctly, you're proposing to use eyepiece projection, threading your eyepiece through adapters to your camera, rather than prime focus. It's probably easier than those variable things that never seem to fit properly, but you may need to adjust the separation of the scope and camera to bring things to focus, and of course properly support it all as it will be incredibly back heavy.

David

5 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Welcome to SGL.

If I've understood you correctly, you're proposing to use eyepiece projection, threading your eyepiece through adapters to your camera, rather than prime focus. It's probably easier than those variable things that never seem to fit properly, but you may need to adjust the separation of the scope and camera to bring things to focus, and of course properly support it all as it will be incredibly back heavy.

David

Yea I have taken pics by way of prime focus but I wanted to get some more magnification. The variable adapter is definitely not going to holder these eyepieces. I have thread adapters on the ends of my eyepieces that screw into my t-ring. I was hoping the variable adapter would help with focusing. Thanks David!

Bobby