NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Going deep into the Pleiades with the RASA 8

gorann

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is simply a beautiful image to say the least!

Thanks a lot! When I now look at it I realize it may need a bit more processing. Such as the red star colours that are a bit pale.....

EDIT: Edited the posted image and put a bit more punch into the yellow stars

Edited by gorann

12 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

That RASA is certainly delivering Göran, when in capable hands of course :wink2:. The revealed striations in the dust are incredible.

I wonder if such depth of detail could ever be revealed in less than dark skies?

Ian

Yes it is, and I would not know how it would work in a light polluted sky. I whent into astrophotography when I bought this old farm house on the country side 10 years ago and looked up on the sky with amazement. Before that I had never even thought about doing astrophotography.

Just now, gorann said:

Oh wow, how could he see that visually? Must have had a lot of aperture!

He used a very fast 6" reflector for the sketch. I also see this- not quite the same as him- in our Heritage 130 and 200mm f3.8, among others. Observing IFN is a hobby of mine, as elusive as it is.

The Pleiades is a very favorite of mine and your image is the absolute best I've seen Goran. Many kudos!

27 minutes ago, jetstream said:

He used a very fast 6" reflector for the sketch. I also see this- not quite the same as him- in our Heritage 130 and 200mm f3.8, among others. Observing IFN is a hobby of mine, as elusive as it is.

The Pleiades is a very favorite of mine and your image is the absolute best I've seen Goran. Many kudos!

Thanks Gerry! You are too kind, and Wow, I doubt my old eyes would see that in a 6" reflector, maybe that is why I stick to imaging and cameras that are more sensitive than my eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ultranova said:

Wow, it looks like you are setting some new standards,

with your scope camera combo,

beautifully captured and processed.

Looking forward to your next Pic

Well done 

Paul

Thanks Paul! That may be a slight exaggeration 😋 but one or maybe two more RASA pics are coming before clouds move in again on Monday night. I am surfing with Aladin Sky Atlas and I found that there is a lot of very cool stuff in Taurus if I manage to go deep enough.