SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StellaLyra Classical Cassegrain & Ritchey-Chrétien Telescopes

FLO

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

StellaMira are the refractors and StelkaMira are the CCs and RCs.

I did ask and got the answer, they are from different manufacturers, despite the similar branding - but both are Taiwanese.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GraemeH said:

I may be interested in the 6" F9.  What threads are on the end of the focuser drawtube to enable all threaded connections please?

There are no threads on the end of the drawtube. To connect anything you would need to use a 2” adaptor to fit into the drawtube to connect to whatever you want to attach. Or upgrade the focuser to a better one.

Edited by johninderby

29 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Sadly my scope is poorly and out of collimation, so waiting on a response back from FLO. :( 

Sorry to hear that.

Mine was out too, with both mirrors needing a good tweak, presumably from transit. 

2 minutes ago, ShrewView said:

Sorry to hear that.

Mine was out too, with both mirrors needing a good tweak, presumably from transit. 

Yeah, been advised to do the secondary first, and if needed the primary second. Hopefully all should go well. 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

There are no threads on the end of the drawtube. To connect anything you would need to use a 2” adaptor to fit into the drawtube to connect to whatever you want to attach. Or upgrade the focuser to a better one.

OK - thank you for the information.  I guess the 2" compression ring is glued in place then?

3 hours ago, Geoff Barnes said:

I realise the CC 8 inch is a fairly weighty piece of kit, what would be the ideal tracking/goto mount to pair it with?

My suggestion would be a HEQ5 class mount as a minimum, if you plan on astrophotography as well. A NEQ6 would provide even more room for loading.

N.F.

Edited by nfotis
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Hey Gus, just follow page 6 of this instruction manual and all will be well. 

https://www.telescope.com/assets/product_files/instructions/IN621_Classical_Cassegrains.pdf

Thanks Chris. Looks like focuser part is OK from what I can see against figure 8 diagrams A/B, but can’t make it out well enough for the diagram C, however I’ll get some stuff later on back off my brother to allow me to test this better. Failing that I’ll aim at Polaris the next clear night & fine tune secondary off that. 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Used a collimation cap on 6” CC. Secondary mirror was out, so now pretty much smack on from what I can see with my eye. Primary seemed slightly off too with the cap, so tweeeked that slightly too, so now looking more like it. Now just need some clear skies to test it out with again with actual stars etc. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 2