SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StellaLyra Classical Cassegrain & Ritchey-Chrétien Telescopes

FLO

Wondering if your TS Optics one has slightly better mirror reflectivity? 
“Reflectivity: 99% to primary and secondary mirror”

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p10753_TS-Optics-8--f-12-Cassegrain-telescope-203-2436-mm-OTA.html

Compared to “Minimum 95% reflectivity” from the Lyra...

Splitting hairs I know, but still curious how the TS Optics version can make that claim ...?

TS has always claimed 99% reflectivity on the 8” although GSO claims 96% but TS claim 96% on their 6”.

Not sure if you could notice the difference even if TSs figure is correct. Wouldn’t worry about it.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

I'm not a Cassegrain user to date, but I do find these models very interesting and keenly priced. I will watch forthcoming reviews with interest.

I'm probably in a minority, but as with refractors I do prefer the white paint job over the black 😊😇

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luminated said:

Wondering if your TS Optics one has slightly better mirror reflectivity? 
“Reflectivity: 99% to primary and secondary mirror”

Compared to “Minimum 95% reflectivity” from the Lyra...

Splitting hairs I know, but still curious how the TS Optics version can make that claim ...?

For these telescopes GSO provide mirrors with ‘enhanced Al coating to 95% reflectivity’. As far as we know there are no alternative specifications available for these models. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Looking forward to trying the Baader Diamond Steeltrack (due tomorrow) on the 6” CC. Have a Steeltrack on the 8” and it is a great addition with much more drawtube travel and have never needed the spacers. Think I’ll need one of the 25mm spacers on the 6”. 🙂

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FLO said:

For these telescopes GSO provide mirrors with ‘enhanced Al coating to 95% reflectivity’. As far as we know there are no alternative specifications available for these models. 

HTH, 

Steve 

As far as I can understand, besides the paint and the branding, the only difference seems to be single or twin finder scope mounts?

N.F.

4 hours ago, nfotis said:

As far as I can understand, besides the paint and the branding, the only difference seems to be single or twin finder scope mounts?

I don’t know, I haven’t compared them. 

On 08/10/2020 at 16:14, FLO said:

Manufactured by Guan Sheng Optical in Taiwan. 

^ In our first post in this discussion we made it clear StellaLyra CC & RC telescopes are manufactured for us by GSO in Taiwan. Retailers do not manufacture telescopes. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2020 at 21:54, Nik271 said:

Yeah, it was a pun attempt :)

More seriously if the 6''CC is as good as the 8inch CC it will be a killer for the Skymax 150: they have almost identical specs, but the CC is so much cheaper and may turn out to be slightly better optically. As far as I see the Maks have just one advantage: no need for regular collimation. Compare to the advantages of the CC: fast cooldown, better focuser and no mirror shift. Skywatcher should up their game!

...just one advantage plus no diffraction spikes - that's holding me back right now with the CC

Anyone catch Mars last night? I got some good glimpses in cloudy London but only fleeting to capture with my mobile 😂

(this was from my door btw when I got home...even naked eye views are a delight right now and a nice welcome back from a long office day...I usually escape the bird netting by going to the roof tho)

Would love to see from CC owners

F6E390F8-B4DE-4E0A-BEB8-51E3B8D759B2.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Luminated said:

Hope so John, wouldn’t want to see anything like this

840108EE-97EF-491E-8E32-3E780A7F8FC7.jpeg

I was going to say, Moon yes, but you do get diffraction spikes on the planets, they just tend to be wider but more faint as the above picture demonstrates.  

• Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 13:06, Mikey0368 said:

I've taken the plunge and ordered the 8CC.

Would a 2.5x or 5x Powermate be suitable with this or would it not need it? Perhaps worthwhile for the outer planets?

At that focal length and size scope 5x would be way too much. Even 2.5 x would produce a rather dim image, my old 300 p was barely passable to image Uranus and Neptune, i always took the outer planets 

to mean Uranus and Neptune apologies if you didnt mean that.  btw 5 x your FL is 12.180

I once imaged at 16.000 on a 14 arcsec mars with a 10" Newt

But thats imaging not visual.

I like the look of these scopes. Right up my street..  As  a visual quick look scope, and even lunar imaging, the cc6 is very attractive. Hats off to FLO in securing this range., So whats the full apeture of the CC6  i wonder ?  I want  one of these scopes. Thinking of starting imaging again. They are the most exciting scopes i have seen for lunar and planetary imaging Since SCTs And Maks were released

Edited by neiil phillips
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1