Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

GraemeH

Members
  • Content Count

    174
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

GraemeH last won the day on March 22 2018

GraemeH had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

261 Excellent

About GraemeH

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    West Lothian

Recent Profile Visitors

1,471 profile views
  1. Congratulations all round. Outstanding images by the winners, and some pretty good ones by many others too.
  2. I know I had said I was finished with my attempts, but the data is so go that it's just so enjoyable to keep coming back to. I've also rotated this time to have North pointing up. I've made with and without stars versions this time, and just for fun there's a GIF looping to show the stars appearing and disappearing - I'm not completely sure if this is within the rules, so apologies if it isn't.
  3. One final attempt at this from me, this time in HaSHO.
  4. Attempting a different colour blend this time, hoping to get a more 'natural' feel. Red channel is 50:50 SII:Ha Green channel is 75:25 OIII:Ha Blue channel is all OIII Some further adjustments in Photoshop to get to this final result.
  5. I kind of feel like I shouldn't be entering here being still something of a novice, but here goes anyway. Using the RGB combine tool in APP, playing with the multipliers to get what looked to me like a nice colour balance. Then made a starless version using Starnet++ for Windows allowing me to stretch the nebula quite far in Photoshop, and then overlaid the stars back on from a less stretched version with stars still in. I have to say though, with data this good the trick is just trying not to ruin it I think. Hopefully I've not butchered it too badly.
  6. OK - thank you for the information. I guess the 2" compression ring is glued in place then?
  7. I may be interested in the 6" F9. What threads are on the end of the focuser drawtube to enable all threaded connections please?
  8. Updated version following Olly's advice for some Selective Colour adjustment in reds - a lot of cyan removal (maybe too much?) and a little magenta increase. The difference is amazing.
  9. Thank you so much Olly for taking the time to offer feedback. I will certainly try your tip of the selective colour adjustment - it's not something I've ever attempted. As for avoiding black clipping, I really must give you most of the credit for that - I always pay close attention to your comments on any images posted, and it's a common theme I think, particularly with less experienced images (which I still consider myself to be).
  10. This is my first new image in many months, and I'm slowly learning to resist posting the first version from my novice (but hopefully improving) processing skills. Comments and criticism very welcome. Scope: Evostar 72ED with OVL flattener - Mount: Nexstar Evolution on wedge - Camera: Canon 6D - Filter: Baader UHC-S - Guidescope: Skywatcher 9x50 finder - Guide camera: QHY5Lii-c - Software: APT, PHD2, CPWI, APP, PS CC 40x300", ISO 1600, 50 Flats, 100 Bias Image scale: 3.1"/px
  11. Just tried it again after your comment, and it's working this time. I'm sure I didn't do anything different, but maybe I did.
  12. I did try to put the ser file straight into AS!3, but it wasn't having it. Could have been me doing something wrong though - this was my first time with anything other than a DSLR.
  13. I treated myself to a new ASI178MC recently to pair with my EdgeHD8 in an effort to acquire some high resolution lunar images (and maybe some planetary ones). This was also my first use of a new ZWO EAF attached to my EdgeHD8, so although I'm not 100% happy with the image I think it was OK for my first use of the equipment. ASI178MC, EdgeHD8, HEQ5 ~2500 frames captured via SharpCap @ Gain 0, Exposure 125ms (I suspect I would be better with higher gain and shorter exposure) PIPP used to convert ser to avi, Autostakkert 3 to stack the best 25%, and Registax 6 for wavelets then some min
  14. I shot the Rosette Nebula almost exactly a year ago using a Baader UHC-S filter, which I was quite happy with at the time. Having seen many other versions since, I realised that one of the (many) things detracting from my image was the lack of star colour. I decided to grab some shorter exposures unfiltered last week, and have now combined the 2 data sets. Both sets used my Evostar 72ED on a wedge-mounted Nexstar Evolution with an OVL non-reducing flattener. The filtered shots were taken on a Canon 6D (24 x 300", ISO 1600), and the unfiltered data was on a Canon 1100D (30 x 30", ISO 16
  15. If you're likely to want to print some of your images, then I'd say you should also consider some kind of calibration device (something like a Datacolor Spyder, or a Colormunki Display - other calibration devices are available). This allows you to ensure that what you see on your screen is an accurate representation of the data in your image, and it helps enormously in producing prints that look like what you see on screen.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.