SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomy sales during the pandemic.  Update.

FLO

40 minutes ago, Matt01 said:

@FLO thank you so much for that Steve. I super appreciate it.😁 customer service 10/10

No problem but Johninderby is right, if the spider-vane is bent please check the rest of the scope for damage and keep the box/packaging for a while. It will then be easier for us to collect if necessary. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLO said:

No problem but Johninderby is right, if the spider-vane is bent please check the rest of the scope for damage and keep the box/packaging for a while. It will then be easier for us to collect if necessary. 

There isn't anything immediately apparent.

The lens cover goes on ok. So no major deformities in the shape of the OTA.

I will do a proper inspection later tonight.

On 04/11/2020 at 17:29, gilesco said:

DHL are a good courier, not had problems with them.

Would just like to point out though, that DPD, from a receivers point of view, are an excellent courier.

If I had the option to choose a courier at checkout, I would choose DPD if it was an option to do so, their tracking is seconds accurate.

From my experience most couriers are good/decent. You do get the odd driver who is careless. Perhaps this is more evident this year as courier companies have likely added extra drivers due to high demand. 

You also get to know the local drivers over time and the different traits. Well certainly my neighbour is probably on first name terms 😂

My recent 31mm Nagler was thrown over the gate. But not complaining the excessive packaging makes these items almost unbreakable ! Top marks to the packers   👍 Edit - and the eyepiece manufacturer 😀

Edited by Ken82

My Bresser 10” Dob arrived this morning, all seems ok, the spider vanes look straight enough to me. Have set it up and even given it a quick go this evening... very impressed 😀

Did have a bit of a scary moment when I couldn’t get focus on any eyepiece, until I realised that you don’t use a star diagonal on a Newtonian, and also needed to put the focus extension ring in place too... once that was done all was fine.

It’s big, but was able to carry outside in two parts, and given I have a sore shoulder right now that’s not bad at all 😬

Just need to replace the finder with my 9x50 RACI and fit the TelRad or Rigel (have both, but  undecided, until I try each).

Lovely scope... Pleiades was amazing and good detail on Mars (with 6mm ortho).

Thanks again to @FLO for fantastic service as always 👍

12B37919-411C-402F-B1BA-386F9EF86F1D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/11/2020 at 12:33, FLO said:

I don't know you from your username but we have several 10" Quattro telescopes arriving at the warehouse this week. If you've been waiting since August then I am confident one will be assigned to you 🙂 

HTH, 

Steve 

Just had confirmation it has been dispatched for delivery on Monday. 

Thanks 😁

33 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Nothing we can do but wait. 

Aye, plus it gives me more time to research astrophotography. Thankfully I have a static mount so I can still observe during the clear nights we have at the moment in the East of England.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I saw This on the BBC site and wondered how it would affect FLO.

The SkyWatcher orders were docking at Felixstowe and were delayed I think, believe it is through now, but ongoing issues will slow somethings down.

Unfortunately the difficulties at Felixstowe have already affected supply of astronomy products and will continue to until at least Christmas. Our main concern is, will the shipments scheduled to dock early-mid December be delayed. If they are then a lot of telescopes purchased for Christmas presents will not arrive until early-mid Jan. That would understandably cause some upset. 

Overall the stock availability situation is not improving and we don’t think it will until after a vaccine is released and made readily available. This is true for many products, not only astronomy kit. These are extraordinary times. 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

I placed an order for this on November 8th:

orion.png.be848969215fc981f0a2b9990d87b749.png

Orion Monster Mount & 25x100 Binocular Kit, but now not shipping until December 29th.

I now have my doubts it will be shipped on that date.🙁

Edited by Mick H
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Orion Monster Mount & 25x100 Binocular Kit, but now not shipping until December 29th.

Wow! That's something real nice to be looking forward to. Look on the bright side; the weather won't improve before January so nothing lost :)

I'm fighting lockdown fever here even them I'm still working as normal. Not usually one for buying stuff for myself but I've been getting strange urges all year. Maybe it's a poorly documented symptom of the virus :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, fantastic job so far, must be frustrating that there's so much demand and no stock!

What are the chances of seeing a Williams Optics scope in this side of Christmas? Looking at the Zenithstar 73 or something similar, but it looks like I'm more likely to see stock of WO than SkyWatcher at the moment? Though I see at least one retailer is saying January for WO at this point!