SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomy sales during the pandemic.  Update.

FLO

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Without your name, email or order number I cannot answer that. Please email us, we can then find and check your orders progress. 

If you prefer us to check then update you here please PM me your order number. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Thanks, sent.

2 hours ago, FLO said:

Without your name, email or order number I cannot answer that. Please email us, we can then find and check your orders progress. 

If you prefer us to check then update you here please PM me your order number. 

16 minutes ago, orions_boot said:

Thanks, sent.

Received via PM 🙂 

I see when you placed your order our website provided a dispatch estimate up to 5th November so, assuming nothing changes at Bresser, your order will be good to go in approx ten days. 

HTH, 

Steve 

4 hours ago, FLO said:

It is not possible for someone to place an order at FLO without seeing our dispatch estimates

Thanks for the explanations of this and the order allocation bit.

Unfortunately there is a difference between seeing something and taking note of it (on the assumption that of course it will be mentioned in the order acknowledgement - but it isn't).

It's like Terms and Conditions - everybody clicks the box saying they have read them, but very few people actually do read them (we have a local school uniform supplier whose website has like this, but if you click the link for the TOC it deletes your order ! )

David

We will know for sure after Boris has delivered his address to the nation (watching BBC news as I type!). We didn’t need to close last time so don’t anticipate needing to this time.

Our premises in Exeter is not a retail showroom, it is a warehouse. All staff that can work from home are doing so, myself included. Other than postmen and couriers we are not receiving visitors at the warehouse. We have also been COVID-19 risk assessed. I am confident we are doing everything possible to stay safe and stay open. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

We will know for sure after Boris has delivered his address to the nation (watching BBC news as I type!). We didn’t need to close last time so don’t anticipate needing to this time. 

Our warehouse will remain open. Our business is low risk so we can continue receiving and dispatching orders. I am pleased for my colleagues and our customers but am aware many businesses are not as fortunate so posting a happy smiley doesn’t feel appropriate. These are extraordinary times. 

Steve 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Yes. Our stock delivery of Bresser Messier 10" Dobsonians has arrived 🙂 

My colleagues in the warehouse are assigning them to customer orders and dispatching as I type. 

We will have two remaining... 

Bresser Messier 10" Dobsonian Telescope

After they have sold there will be none until early next year. 

Steve 

hi steve, any news on my 8" that i ordered on the 9/10 😁

4 hours ago, gilesco said:

Has the big "SkyWatcher Delivery" materialised? 🤐

It certainly has 😎

We have been receiving several pallets of Sky-watcher stock daily since last Thursday. More arriving tomorrow and Thursday. 

14 minutes ago, faulksy said:

hope to swop for the 10" now. half the size of mine. wifey will love it

No problem, I have seen your PM and will reply tomorrow when at my desk. All good 🙂

Steve 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Matt01 said:

@FLO @faulksy @orions_boot🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳My 10" bresser has been shipped!!!!

I have been told mine should ship today (4th) and still showing as in progress on my account.

I am rather impressed on how accurate the shipping forecast was over a 2 month period.

I am jealous however you will have yours 1 day early.  😁 @FLO please don't forget me.  I take if I have two orders both linked together on the account everything should come at once assuming you have everything?  For example there is a second order I made a week after the scope order which has all the lenses I wanted.

Edited by orions_boot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

I see FLO is now sold out of Bresser dobs. That didn’t take long did it? 😁

Temptation was too strong this time... I have been mulling over a dob since January, but finally decided to take the plunge 😃

Your recommendation for the Bresser made the final decision easier, thanks 👍

Edited by HollyHound

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

I like the fact that the Bresser 10” dob doesn't need upgrading, well except for the dual speed knob and finder. 👍🏻

Indeed, I did compare this with the Skywatcher back then and was impressed by the difference.

Dual speed knob ordered and already have the 9x50 RACI 👍

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I like the fact that the Bresser 10” dob doesn't need upgrading, well except for the dual speed knob and finder. 👍🏻

What's the differences between the Bresser 10" Dob and the SW 10" Dob?🤔