Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy sales during the pandemic.  Update.

FLO

The Bresser has better build quality and higher spec throughout. Proper large alt bearings, a great CNC R&P focuser, .and being mounted using tube rings the tube can be rotated to put the eyepiece where you want it as well as being able to move the tube up or down for balance. A 9 point mirror cell. The optics are similar to the SW.

The focuser alone is worth the difference in price.

81BC0AED-DF33-4617-861D-98E9E31D6B02.jpeg

42D632EC-07E2-4947-8C8F-A8CCAAE80251.jpeg

01189947-17A7-4719-9C5F-04B07B16370B.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, orions_boot said:

I am jealous however you will have yours 1 day early.  😁 @FLO please don't forget me.  

We won't 🙂 

My colleagues in the warehouse are assigning them to customers in date order. I am confident yours will be dispatched today. 

10 hours ago, orions_boot said:

I take if I have two orders both linked together on the account everything should come at once assuming you have everything?  For example there is a second order I made a week after the scope order which has all the lenses I wanted.

It is better if you email your questions because we then have all your info to hand.

Generally speaking each order is handled separately and dispatched when complete but if you have requested they be dispatched together then they will. 

HTH, 

Steve 

14 hours ago, Dunk said:

Fingers crossed 🤞my 250 Quattro is on it been waiting since the end of August for it.

I don't know you from your username but we have several 10" Quattro telescopes arriving at the warehouse this week. If you've been waiting since August then I am confident one will be assigned to you 🙂 

HTH, 

Steve 

3 hours ago, vlaiv said:

@FLO

Any chance you'll be receiving those little guide scopes - https://www.firstlightoptics.com/guide-scopes/astro-essentials-32mm-f4-mini-guide-scope.html any time soon? It says 20-25 days and I ordered mine more than month ago ...

Unfortunately that question is not easy for us to answer (applies also to a number of other Astro Essentials products sourced from the same manufacturer in China). The factory appears permanently stuck on "will dispatch in 1-2x weeks" but appears unable to do so. I guess we shouldn't be too critical, these are extraordinary times and most/all Chinese manufactures are struggling with high demand and materials shortages, but some manufacturers are better communicators than others. 

Currently we don't have a reliable ETA for this product so will understand if you choose to cancel, otherwise we will dispatch one to you as soon as we are able. Promise. 

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, orions_boot said:

I am jealous however you will have yours 1 day early.  😁

Well, as my luck would have it, it has sat in the "at the delivery depot" catagory all day. 🙄 (even though "Your parcel is due to be delivered on Wednesday 04th November 2020")

Watch tonight be perfectly clear and then clouds for the next 2 months.

Although I must say I do live a jolly long way from Exeter. 

And a 10" Dob must have a pretty enormous box.😁

Edited by Matt01

14 minutes ago, Matt01 said:

Well, as my luck would have it, it has sat in the "at the delivery depot" catagory all day. 🙄 (even though "Your parcel is due to be delivered on Wednesday 04th November 2020")

Watch tonight be perfectly clear and then clouds for the next 2 months.

Although I must say I do live a jolly long way from Exeter. 

And a 10" Dob must have a pretty enormous box.😁

The box weight is 36kg

@Matt01 That must be frustrating. At least DHL's tracking info confirms it was collected from our warehouse yesterday. 

DHL are a good courier, I am confident their tracking will make sense in the morning. If it doesn't please drop us an email, we will then chase them for you when we reopen tomorrow. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FLO said:

@Matt01 That must be frustrating. At least DHL's tracking info confirms it was collected from our warehouse yesterday. 

DHL are a good courier, I am confident their tracking will make sense in the morning. If it doesn't please drop us an email, we will then chase them for you when we reopen tomorrow. 

HTH, 

Steve 

DHL are a good courier, not had problems with them.

Would just like to point out though, that DPD, from a receivers point of view, are an excellent courier.

If I had the option to choose a courier at checkout, I would choose DPD if it was an option to do so, their tracking is seconds accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FLO said:

I see this morning it is on a DHL van in your area so should be with you today 🙂 

Let us hope they have both packages... 

Steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

I see this morning it is on a DHL van in your area so should be with you today 🙂 

Steve 

Thank you Steve...

It does appear to be on its way😃20201105_103714.thumb.jpg.2a1bed1eb85312dd7235ad0f89eb2f9c.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLO said:

Steve 

1 hour ago, Matt01 said:

Thank you Steve...

It does appear to be on its way😃

DHL have just delivered my Bresser 10" Dob... both packages arrived safely and all looks to be in good shape... will try assembling later today or tomorrow 🤞

Thank you @FLO as always for superb service 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt01 said:

The one on the left is also bent on further inspection😢... Looks like i got unlucky with a faulty unit... @FLO what should I do?

I would take it up directly with FLO, best by email, I'm sure it will be sorted out. Let us know how you get on when it is resolved, which I'm sure it will.

Check to see that the seconday holder is central in the tube. You maybe able to tighten  or loosen the outside nuts to straighten the vanes.

But contact FLO first to see if it is OK to attempt fixing it yourself. Or might be better to return the OTA to FLO for them to sort it out. 

The tube may be damaged as well. Scopes do get damaged in transit unfortunately. 🙁

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt01 said:

Finally here... Just one thing, this spider vane is bent. Is this a serious issue? (Bottom spider vane)

Sorry to hear that. It is not serious but it should be straight for a clean diffraction spike. We will of course send you a new spider-vane (they are easy to fit). Will contact Bresser in the morning for ETA. Feel free to use the telescope. 

HTH, 

Steve

• Like 2