Narrowband

Astronomy sales during the pandemic.  Update.

FLO

Question about things already ordered, can we assume that stock levels on the site, don't include orders already placed? So if we've placed an order 40 days ago, and it still shows as 40-60 days away, that our order might be fulfilled before that?

Just questioning, will email you seperately about my specific order, in a week or so...

I ordered (and was delivered) a few bits last week.  Thank you. I noted that the stock level was a  precise number and that when you picked it for my order the stock level went down by one :)   Glad you invest in proper stock keeping software, unlike many others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gilesco said:

Question about things already ordered, can we assume that stock levels on the site, don't include orders already placed? So if we've placed an order 40 days ago, and it still shows as 40-60 days away, that our order might be fulfilled before that?

Yes 🙂 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

I ordered (and was delivered) a few bits last week.  Thank you. I noted that the stock level was a  precise number and that when you picked it for my order the stock level went down by one :)   Glad you invest in proper stock keeping software, unlike many others.

Thank-you 🤗

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. It is good to hear that sales are still good and hope that continues, the supply glitch was inevitable with the current situation.

I guess for those who have had to work from home (or those  who are unfortunately furloughed - or worse sadly) a nights imaging or observing may be easier as you can get an extra half hour or so in bed with not having to travel (or even dressed if that way inclined 😮 ), also more time maybe sat in front of laptop browsing and the temptation to press the buy button is just too great, who knows. It is just a pity that the weather has not been so great (up north anyway) and the skies have not have been so clear.

Anyway great to hear how you are doing your best to obtain stock of the now rarer items.

Steve

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Thanks for the info. It is good to hear that sales are still good and hope that continues, the supply glitch was inevitable with the current situation.

I guess for those who have had to work from home (or those  who are unfortunately furloughed - or worse sadly) a nights imaging or observing may be easier as you can get an extra half hour or so in bed with not having to travel (or even dressed if that way inclined 😮 ), also more time maybe sat in front of laptop browsing and the temptation to press the buy button is just too great, who knows. It is just a pity that the weather has not been so great (up north anyway) and the skies have not have been so clear.

Anyway great to hear how you are doing your best to obtain stock of the now rarer items.

Steve

Yeah weather has been rubbish for astro lately.  I bet the gang at FLO have invested in massive cloud machines that make us sit in front of the computer and buy things from them😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Yeah weather has been rubbish for astro lately.  I bet the gang at FLO have invested in massive cloud machines that make us sit in front of the computer and buy things from them😂

There definitely seems to be a comedy inverse relationship (for the UK anyway!) where more and more cloudy nights means more time in front of a computer potentially buying kit for the clear nights (that never arrive) and for the clear nights... just out there using your existing equipment and not thinking about new stuff!

2 hours ago, orions_boot said:

Do you have any update from Bresser on when the dobsonians will be in?  They told me late Sept/early Oct and I would say we are bang in the middle of that.  I have ordered through you.

When we spoke with them they said late-Sep / early-Oct for the 8" and November for the 10". 

HTH

As soon as the ZWO ASI120MM mini came in stock at FLO I thought for about 10 seconds "do I really need another one?" - You are darn right you do. My 2nd guide camera came 2 days after I ordered it. Thanks FLO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

When we spoke with them they said late-Sep / early-Oct for the 8" and November for the 10". 

HTH

Any particular time in November?  Is it the case that if I ordered one over a month ago I should expect to get one in the November shipment?

19 hours ago, orions_boot said:

Any particular time in November?  Is it the case that if I ordered one over a month ago I should expect to get one in the November shipment?

We are not sure but think mid-late November. Currently we are expecting enough stock to fulfil all existing backorders. 

18 hours ago, sputniksteve said:

Hi @FLO, how are stocks of eyepieces at the mo? I'm after a BST Starguider or/and SW planetary UWA.

BST StarGuider eyepieces are 'very' difficult to source. The factory appears always to be 2-3x weeks away from dispatching, but often don't. 

Regarding Sky-Watcher UWA Planetary eyepieces, the distributor says December. We have a large Sky-Watcher delivery arriving in 1-2x weeks, there might be some in that. 

2 hours ago, Lee_P said:

@FLO Do you think the stock issues will mean there's no ZWO 10% off sale this November? (I think there's a sale every year but I could be wrong!)

We don't know. They haven't mentioned anything. But if someone were to buy a ZWO camera from FLO then find it 10% cheaper within 30-days, we would refund the difference in FLO Gift Vouchers 😇 

Steve 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, FLO said:

BST StarGuider eyepieces are 'very' difficult to source. The factory appears always to be 2-3x weeks away from dispatching, but often don't. 

Thanks, Steve. Looks like I have no choice but to go for a Nirvana then! Shame huh.

Well, I bought a telescope which FLO said they had in stock and it was duly delivered the day after placing the order, so I am a very fortunate and satisfied customer. Getting hold of the motorised focuser for it is a bit of a different story, but patience is a virtue.😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomato said:

Well, I bought a telescope which FLO said they had in stock and it was duly delivered the day after placing the order, so I am a very fortunate and satisfied customer. Getting hold of the motorised focuser for it is a bit of a different story, but patience is a virtue.😊

Well I ordered one (that wasn't in stock) seven and a half weeks ago 😬... the anticipation has been rather frustrating (I acknowledge that it's completely out of FLO's control, and I was aware of the long lead-time advertised when I bought it.) - However - the news that there is a big Sky-Watcher order coming in the next couple of weeks, mean that there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel now... fingers crossed...

• 2 weeks later...