Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Business as Usual?

These are unusual times. Some of you reading this will already be working from home or be in self-isolation. 

I mentioned in another post we have taken steps to protect our staff from infection. I.e. installing more paper towel and soap dispensers, routinely disinfecting bannisters, handles, light switches, and so on. Those able to work from home are doing so and those at our warehouse are adhering to social distancing guidelines. 

I won't pretend the pandemic has not caused some supply issues (the wheels are turning again in China, slowly, but for our US manufacturer/suppliers they have practically stopped) but we are in a fortunate position. We have a warehouse full of stock so can continue processing and dispatching the majority of customer orders.

Bizarrely, we are currently experiencing record sales! Perhaps our customers have decided a new telescope, eyepiece or camera will make social isolation easier. Perhaps it is because the £ has fallen considerably against the $ and € so prices of astronomy products in the UK, for our non-UK customers, have never been so low! (This situation will change when existing stock has sold and we need to buy more). It is probably a mix of both. 

So, unless our government imposes a lock-down, we will continue processing and dispatching orders for as long as we are able. 

Thank-you for your continued support 🙂 

Annette, Ann, Grant, Ian, James, Katie, Lisa, Martin, Rob & Steve

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Bizarrely, we are currently experiencing record sales! Perhaps our customers have decided a new telescope, eyepiece or camera will make social isolation easier. Perhaps it is because the £ has fallen considerably against the $ and € so prices of astronomy products in the UK, for our non-UK customers, have never been so low! (This situation will change when existing stock has sold and we need to buy more). It is probably a mix of both. 

So, unless our government imposes a lock-down, we will continue processing and dispatching orders for as long as we are able. 

Well my recent purchase from you was paid for with money I’ve saved on petrol as I’m working from home.....every cloud.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Perhaps our customers have decided a new telescope, eyepiece or camera will make social isolation easier.

In my case, exactly so, being denied my other interests! Well done for soldiering on and I hope that you all continue to remain well.

Ian

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Good to know people are still confident and enthusiastic. Chins up!

Very much so. 

A large delivery of ZWO kit arrived today and three pallets of iOptron will arrive tomorrow. We are up and running 😀 

Steve 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Good to know people are still confident and enthusiastic. Chins up!

I'm afraid we are 100% closed but, in the scheme of things, that's a solution, not a problem.

Olly

I can think of worse places to social distance Olly!!  😀😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Admiral said:

Well having just heard the PM's announcement, where does that put FLO and its delivery companies?

FLO's premises is a distribution centre. Not a shop and not a showroom. 

We have been preparing for this. It is why over half our staff are already working remotely. We will continue accepting online orders and delivering items to your home 🙂 

The government considers courier companies essential to their plans so they will continue collecting and delivering packages. They (and postmen/women) are providing 'Non-Contact Deliveries'. (When they deliver your order please keep your distance and accept they will sign on your behalf). 

At FLO we treat courier drivers especially well because without them there would be no internet shopping. They are unsung heroes. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, FLO said:

At FLO we treat courier drivers especially well because without them there would be no internet shopping. They are unsung heroes. 

HTH, 

Steve 

And very underpaid ones too. Do a tough job. 👍🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FLO said:

We will continue accepting online orders and delivering items to your home 🙂 

Thanks for your late evening clarification Steve, and good to know. Just so long as everyone keeps as safe as they can. We do appreciate what you are doing in this very difficult, and worsening, situation. Thanks again.

Ian

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2020 at 11:44, FLO said:

These are unusual times. Some of you reading this will already be working from home or be in self-isolation. 

I mentioned in another post we have taken steps to protect our staff from infection. I.e. installing more paper towel and soap dispensers, routinely disinfecting bannisters, handles, light switches, and so on. Those able to work from home are doing so and those at our warehouse are adhering to social distancing guidelines. 

I won't pretend the pandemic has not caused some supply issues (the wheels are turning again in China, slowly, but for our US manufacturer/suppliers they have practically stopped) but we are in a fortunate position. We have a warehouse full of stock so can continue processing and dispatching the majority of customer orders.

Thank-you for your continued support 🙂 

Annette, Ann, Grant, Ian, James, Katie, Lisa, Martin, Rob & Steve

Hi are you still open as the government has said that all non essential businesses should now be closed  and telescopes are not an essential  I guess :(

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

See my post immediately above!

Ian

Yes I saw that but this was posted 20 hours ago given the government speech last night many business including mine have made this their last day of trading for three weeks I see no reason why this should be different but wanted to check before placing an order