Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Business as Usual?

On 23/03/2020 at 20:40, Jiggy 67 said:

I can think of worse places to social distance Olly!!  😀😀

I know. It is very, very easy for my wife and me to endorse hard social distancing but we like to think we would say the same if we lived at the top of a tower block. Would we? Well, we hope so.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Orange star said:

Hi are you still open as the government has said that all non essential businesses should now be closed  and telescopes are not an essential  I guess :(

Have you really joined SGL only to tell us off for being open? 🙃

If you read my earlier response in this discussion you will know how and why we remain open for business. 

If that isn't enough please see this from the BBC website: 

People can go to work if they cannot do their work at home, the health secretary has said

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Orange star said:

Yes I saw that but this was posted 20 hours ago given the government speech last night

It was after last night's announcement, and my question was as a result of it :). Sorry to hear that your business has closed though. The issue does seem a bit contentious though, with questions today over whether, for example, house building can continue. It all seems to depend on whether the "2m" rule can be satisfied. FLO seems to have got it sorted.

Ian

41 minutes ago, Orange star said:

Of course I'm not telling you off for staying open thank you for the link very useful:)

If you needed to close your business then I can imagine how hard that must have been for you and your staff 😔

Best wishes, 

Steve

4 minutes ago, tomato said:

And on a positive note, the weather for large parts of the UK is currently co-operating with new Astro equipment purchases.

It certainly is 🙂

My forecast for last night. 

Steve 

clearoutsideforecast.thumb.jpg.5e9c103cdc3b2deda8b76e43937d97c0.jpg

18 minutes ago, FLO said:

No. We have plenty 🙂 

I didn't get one with my new Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian, but that's probably why I wasn't jinxed with the weather - for a nice change! 😂

2 hours ago, jimjam11 said:

Bike shops?????

At a time of global crisis what I really must do is go bike shopping...

Most bike shops do servicing too and if you have to go to work because your boss insists then probably better to cycle than get on a tube or bus right now I guess

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

My bike shop has just repaired my broken gear cable.

Said he's never been busier.

Strangely,  I am struggling to imagine you in fully lycra Jeremy. Could you post a picture?

Regards Andrew 

• Like 1