Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just ordered 90mm solarmax 3 with bf15

joe aguiar

Tommorrow is my b'day and with the huuuuge Coronado sale on now I decided to upgrade my Coronado 60mm solarmax 11 with bf10 to the 90mm solarmax 3 with bf15.

This should be a big difference going to 90mm from 60 and saving about $1000 us is about $1300 then plus the taxes I save is closer to $1500  which is alot.

I remember when I started in this hobby a 90mm Coronado would have been $8000 to $9000. Back then

I'll probably sell the 60 when spring comes and most people start to think of the sun.

Joejaguar 

Edited by joe aguiar
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Joe , congrats on the recent acquisition , I was wondering how your getting 

on with it , and some pics would be nice 👍

When I first got my first PST in 2005 I'm sure a DS 90 was about £9k  , but we all on 

the side of the Atlantic are never privy to any of the Coronado sales.

Brian 

• Like 1

I guess it depends what you mean by performance Peter ?

I tend to judge it by bandwidth , that is I much prefer a good 0.5A view (or lower)

over magnification , you can't beat a nice contrasty detailed full disk image imho 

I wish Joe well with his new 90III

Brian 

• Like 1

here the video i did However since then i viewed with it couple times my 25mm ep does not come into focus close not not 100% i have to pull out the ep from the diagonal like 2 mm or 3mm. Is this same with yours?

also iam not sure i like the focuser entension built into the focuser. I really dont know why this is even needed as it really does nothing that i can tell. I put an ep in look with it fully inward then mid then fully extended and the image doesnt change, however i have not rad the manual. what iam thinking is its mage to focus at different lengths for a camera AP/ or imaging or binoviwers.

https://youtu.be/v1Rq4Urw7gc

joejaguar