Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party Spring 2020

Come and join us for this informal meet where you can be with like minded people.

Gain some knowledge from seasoned astronomers to help you enjoy this hobby.

Meet up with fellow SGL members.

PSP 1.jpg

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If I can make it I will come along. Need to check diaries.

Which field would you try to be in? The back one is more exposed but more shielded from car lights on the road.

Be great to see you Stu I have spoke to the camp they said the back field is available depending on how many there is said maybe able throw some cables over from the front field give us more EHU outlets.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I might be interested in this. Have pencilled in the PAS on the 21st but might be tempted to this instead! Will it be imager friendly or strict no lights policy?

As long as the lights are what you would normally expect at a astronomy meet there should be no problem.

look forward to seeing you going to be about 10 - 20 so a small bunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Will it be imager friendly or strict no lights policy?

I think that as long as you shield laptop or other bright screens, and preferably out a red film over them too it should be fine. It can be pretty challenging as a visual observer trying to see anything whilst staring at an unshielded laptop screen. We all normally rub along just fine though 👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I think that as long as you shield laptop or other bright screens, and preferably out a red film over them too it should be fine. It can be pretty challenging as a visual observer trying to see anything whilst staring at an unshielded laptop screen. We all normally rub along just fine though 👍👍

I have a mini PC. No screen. Control via VNC Viewer on my phone!😊

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I'm definitely interested if I can arrange the time off. My long suffering partner said she would like to come to.

Just one thing. Is it parking next to a tent pitch or a separate car park?

Next to tent pitch it was last time. My wife will be coming with me.

4 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Yea thanks Wookie. I should have read the whole site first before asking. Does say parking next to tent if the ground isn't wet... 🙄

No problem be great to see you and your partner.

Paul

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

WE NEED AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE OR THE SITE WON'T OPEN FOR US JUST NOT WORTH IT TO THEM.

COME ON A WEEKEND AWAY WITH MUCH DARKER SKIES THAN HOME WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE GOT TO BE WORTH A GO.

Is that 10 people booking a whole weekend stay? As I am only able to do one night due to work and family etc

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Is that 10 people booking a whole weekend stay? As I am only able to do one night due to work and family etc

As long as we get 10 people I dont think it matters its whether its worth them opening the camp 2-3 weeks earlier just for us, if 9 people book 2 nights and you one thats quite an incentive its money coming in they would not normally get.

Edited by wookie1965

10 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I'd love to come Paul, but have to arrange care home for my wife which she's not keen on and I still remember the 7 hour drive to get to the last  one at Rivendale :eek:

Dave

Hope you get your wife sorted perhaps we could have a meet up closer to your home next time well somewhere central to all of us.

As a beginner and newcomer to SGL, this would be ideal for my first star party. 

I have been led here by a long established member (whom I have known for many years) and yes,  he has drummed in to me the correct etiquette of lights !!

Can people confirm they will be coming in the next couple of days please I have to ring the site telling them how many are coming and whether its viable for them.

I am hoping for between 8 and 12 but the more the merrier should have a great time weather permitting.

The conversation will be great and people can learn so much especially new astronomers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Soz Wookie. I cannot confirm. I fully *intend* to come and I've requested the time off. Unfortunately I'm still awaiting a response because both managers are off this week. 🙄

I've got to the 30th that's when I have said I will ring back if that is OK for you.