SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party Spring 2020

10 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

You're not the only one. I had problems with AZ-GTI gotos. On arrival home the realisation I'd not given Synscan location permission on the new phone taken to the camp hit me. I can only blame my wimpyness in the biting wind affecting the brain!

Haitch, all the pitches on 'our' field 

Great - count me in. Which field? Is it the main one that slopes down to the lane or the one over the back? (I did a couple of the original camps there and even got myself on tv when S@N visited in 2012)

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

The rectangular flat field closest to the toilet block...

Yeah I think it's the one I'm thinking of. "Relatively" sheltered with hedges around. The fields either side slope away?

Drop me a line if a formal Autumn Party thread gets started so I don't miss it. I'm gagging for a star party after the only ones I could make earlier in the year were cancelled.

I can give you the email address if someone would like to email them and enquire about October I unfortunately will not be able to attend I have had MRI on my back I have two ruptured discs with arthritis of the facet joints I am waiting for a epidural injection to see if that can help before going down the surgical route. 

• Sad 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, can I ask please, what happened to the original Peak Star Party? 

And is there any chance of having another little gathering any time soon for a Star Party at this same place as you went to Wookie? I would be eager to attend. Anything to get away from these bright orange skies where I am in St.Helens.

Best Regards,

AG

• Like 2

On 29/07/2020 at 12:40, wookie1965 said:

I can give you the email address if someone would like to email them and enquire about October I unfortunately will not be able to attend I have had MRI on my back I have two ruptured discs with arthritis of the facet joints I am waiting for a epidural injection to see if that can help before going down the surgical route. 

I really hope the injections work, you have had some awful trouble with that back. I think they can work wonders for some lets hope you are in that group.

Steve

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I really hope the injections work, you have had some awful trouble with that back. I think they can work wonders for some lets hope you are in that group.

Steve

Steve had the epidural in September 2021 never touched me I was supposed to have a appointment 6 months later to see the pain doctor but as of today I'm still waiting now put me on oxycontin strong opiates. I am just barely moving with these, I have to get my sons set up my kit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Steve had the epidural in September 2021 never touched me I was supposed to have a appointment 6 months later to see the pain doctor but as of today I'm still waiting now put me on oxycontin strong opiates. I am just barely moving with these, I have to get my sons set up my kit. 

Oh no, so sorry, I have suffered with back problems from time to time and sometimes where I could not walk at all due to the pain, but, thankfully, alway got over them eventualy, so obviously nowhere near like you problem,
So I really do sympathize, which is no use to you whatsoever though, I just hpe they can find something to help, must be terrible.

Steve

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Live_Steam_Mad said:

Hi, can I ask please, what happened to the original Peak Star Party? 

And is there any chance of having another little gathering any time soon for a Star Party at this same place as you went to Wookie? I would be eager to attend. Anything to get away from these bright orange skies where I am in St.Helens.

Best Regards,

AG

Well if someone with experience of organizing these events fancies having a go I'd happily attend a September/October 2022 camp.

The site isn't the darkest, however city dwellers will undoubtedly appreciate the sky. Plus the location is fairly central and facilities fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Well if someone with experience of organizing these events fancies having a go I'd happily attend a September/October 2022 camp.

The site isn't the darkest, however city dwellers will undoubtedly appreciate the sky. Plus the location is fairly central and facilities fine.

i could be up for that scouser 👍

dont know why we dolnt use brecon penicelli

Edited by faulksy
  • Like 2