Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebula - 1 hour 15mins data (M42 M43)

tooth_dr

I seem to have a slight knack of getting carried away, plus I didnt have any colour data worth talking about (esp blue where all 6 minutes worth was poor due to cloud) which I think might be why it looks a little yellow.

LRGB = 1 hour 15 minutes in 180s subs for L, and 20s+90s subs for RGB.  I tried using the shorter subs to make the core better, but it all got too much so I abandoned that idea.

L=51 minutes

R=9 minutes

G= 9 minutes

B= 6 minutes

Thanks for looking

Adam.

image.thumb.png.103f5d0b5c69670f86e2e84608748113.png

• Like 33

3 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Yeah, the core might be blown out a bit, but there's so much other great detail to concentrate on in the image. It looks brilliant. 😀

Thanks! It was totally saturated in the 90s and 180s subs I took. I did get a few 20s subs (even they were quite saturated tbh) and the transitioning between core and outer regions didn’t work with my attempt at using masks, the centre became too coloured/saturated. If it ever clears I’ll get a few more subs and try again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice. You managed to pull quite a bit out of that given the limited colour data.

Thanks Richard for the comment.  Yes the 360s of blue suffered from cloud too, causing halos around the brighter stars, most noticeable on Hatsya.

I still work with my Canon DSLR single shots, so when I see an image like this, with the time that goes in it I cantbhep but be impressed

Orions Nebula is a lot like Saturn. Being you can see it decently visually, the first time you get excellent viewing you just cant help but go wow!