Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help me spend some money at FLO

59 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

150pl is a pretty good scope, and dont write it of for dso viewing with a low power ep, and very god luna imaging scope

True, I was impressed with the contrast and sharpness of the Skyliner Dob version I had. It wasn't a million miles away from refractor like contrast and sharpness to be fair. I'll post up some thoughts on this one when I have it all up and running. 

12 hours ago, Lockie said:

Ah yes, of course, I realise now that’s what the ‘L’ means. 🙂 That scope will be a great performer, a classic setup, look forward to seeing it all together. 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Very nice, looks like it was just made for just that old pillar mount you had squirreled away and "forgotten" about Chris ;).

Look forward to hearing your first light report when the cloud and rain finally clears.

Thanks. The mount originally had a 6" f/8 aboard when new so I knew it would be a safe bet. I still had to pad out the rings to stop the tube from slipping though, so it might have come close to taking an 8". The mount is a bit of a gamble really, I'm not sure how well it will track, hopefully ok for lunar?

I didn't really want to consider it before as the pillar mount is too large to store at the back of the house away from all the street and security lights without building a special little rolling roof shed for it. There is a narrow passage way to the back garden but I would need to dismantle the legs of the mount each time. Ultimately I'm going to need a front of house garage setup and a more portable back garden setup, or an obsy.

This is by far the cheapest option right now which swayed me :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

I didn't really want to consider it before as the pillar mount is too large to store at the back of the house away from all the street and security lights without building a special little rolling roof shed for it. There is a narrow passage way to the back garden but I would need to dismantle the legs of the mount each time. Ultimately I'm going to need a front of house garage setup and a more portable back garden setup, or an obsy.

This is by far the cheapest option right now which swayed me :) 

I've just picked up one of the Skywatcher Pillar mounts, like John has shown above, for my EQ5 to leave as a semi-permanent setup under a waterproof cover in the garden. 

However, I do have the option of easily removing the OTA, which you don't, so I can see why you would want something more portable if you've got to lug it out the back all the time. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Wow, this is so cool! I liked your video, Chris! Keep going the same way. Although I understand you and the part about money.. Artists need a lot of money because the tools we need are too expensive. Since not so long ago I had a situation where I needed money for a project from my courses, I didn't know what to do. My friend suggested that I take out a loan on a verified site /https://credit-10.com/nl/ferratum-lening, and I did so. In short, when you need money, they are ready to help you.

Edited by LiamK