Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bat, B150, Fireworks 9 Panel Mosaic(now with added Squid)

Allinthehead

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Wow I didn’t know where the squid was located and didn’t want to ask. That actually really enhances the image Richard. Great job. 

Thanks Adam. It's quite feint and was only discovered in 2011 by French imager Nicolas Outters.

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Excellent result.  

Well done both of you.

Carole 

Thank you Carole.👍

31 minutes ago, gorann said:

I like everything about it Richard, both before and after the squid ollymagically appeared, and maybe the squid is the ice on the cake. Just lovely!

Yes the cherry on top. Thanks Gorann.

1 minute ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Adam. It's quite feint and was only discovered in 2011 by French imager Nicolas Outters.

Thank you Carole.👍

Yes the cherry on top. Thanks Gorann.

An interesting aspect of your image is that is reveals why it tooks soo long before someone discovered the squid (forgot his/her name). Even at dark sites, NB imaging can make a difference.

44 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Exerllent result Richard,this is one cracking image.

Mick.

Thanks Mick. Glad you like it.

13 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Tremendous! I need to read through your method for adding the OIII data because I think you've got more out of it than I did.

Olly

Thanks Olly. Much easier i suspect to add it to a mosaic. Long focal length data added to widefield. 

Absolutely amazing Richard. I haven't been around much recently, so I must have missed this.

Your persistence has really paid off. This is a truly excellent mosaic, as there are objects of interest to the left, right, and centre, which makes for a really well-balanced image. And of course the processing is top notch as always.

ps - Just seen that this made IOTD on Astrobin on Nov 14. Congrats!

• Like 1

On 26/11/2019 at 13:38, Xiga said:

Absolutely amazing Richard. I haven't been around much recently, so I must have missed this.

Your persistence has really paid off. This is a truly excellent mosaic, as there are objects of interest to the left, right, and centre, which makes for a really well-balanced image. And of course the processing is top notch as always.

ps - Just seen that this made IOTD on Astrobin on Nov 14. Congrats!

Thanks Ciaran. I appreciate that. I noticed you had been quiet here. Are you imaging much?

17 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Ciaran. I appreciate that. I noticed you had been quiet here. Are you imaging much?

Zero imaging getting done these days unfortunately. Baby no.2 arrived a couple of months ago so life's been a tad busy ever since, lol. I've stopped even checking the forecast now tbh. I still haven't actually got to use the Qhy163c I bought 2nd hand back in April 🙈

Things could be different if I had the option of imaging from home, but there's just too many trees, roof tops, LED lights etc to make it worthwhile. Looks like the hobby is on hiatus for a while.

On 28/11/2019 at 14:06, Xiga said:

Zero imaging getting done these days unfortunately. Baby no.2 arrived a couple of months ago so life's been a tad busy ever since, lol. I've stopped even checking the forecast now tbh. I still haven't actually got to use the Qhy163c I bought 2nd hand back in April 🙈

Things could be different if I had the option of imaging from home, but there's just too many trees, roof tops, LED lights etc to make it worthwhile. Looks like the hobby is on hiatus for a while.

Well congratulations on baby no. 2👍 Pity about the imaging but it's understandable. If i had to travel i wouldn't get any imaging done.

On 28/11/2019 at 18:34, smr said:

Jeeeeze. Absolutely jawdropping! 

I've seen some amazing images on here this year but this cannot be dismissed as potentially the best of them.

Thank you very much, in very good company then given the wonderful images on display here.

On 29/11/2019 at 11:05, MartinFransson said:

That is nothing short of breathtaking! Excellent job, very impressive!

Thanks Martin.

• 7 months later...