Hello from Wolverhampton

Startinez

Good evening all,

I'm Jonathan, 30, living in Wolverhampton and work in the medical industry as an engineer. I got my first telescope a few months ago after really getting into astronomy (mainly reading about NASA missions and astrophysics) over the last year or so. I have an Orion AstroView 9024 90mm refractor, and a Canon EOS1100D in my arsenal. Hoping to improve my skills in astrophotography and astronomy and just regularly chat with people with the same interests and no doubt a lot more knowledge than myself. I have this very evening joined my local astronomy club so I'm sure this will be a useful venture.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Welcome to SGL...NASA has that effect on me too, Best of Luck and Clear Skies of Course ?

Freddie...

Hey Jonathan, 

I started out my astronomy career in Penkridge. Cannock Chase is about as dark as you're going to get within a reasonable drive but can get a little sketchy. I found that any of the lanes along the A5, west of the A449 to be very good. I would just park up in the entrance to one of the farmers fields.

Enjoy, and welcome.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived