Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Testing AR 152

astroavani

Achromatic refractors can also do a good job. Below is a sequence of 4 photos made with a simple Achromatic AR 152 from Explore Scientific.
Respecting the small opening in relation to my C14 the result surprised me!
Capture 3000 frames per film and average stacking of 260 frames.
Programs used: Fire Capture, AS! 2.7.7, Irfan, Photofiltre, Registax only for hystogran balancing.
Camera ASI 290MC
Tele Vue Powermate 2X
Green Filter + UV-IR cut filter

a2_filtered.jpg

b2_filtered.jpg

c_filtered.jpg

d.jpg

PS: If possible I would like my colleagues to choose one of the photos, not to take into account the region photographed, but the quality. I used different parameters from one to another and I would like to see which one ticked the most!

I too find Jensen more attractive. 

Yet, may I suggest, if the poll is aimed at defining the best processing technique, you'd probably better choose the same region and treat it in all ways, otherwise the answer MAY be biased by the region itself!

In my case Jensen is preferred not due to the place, but due to contrast at the terminator and small detail. It shows more dynamic range

I like the second one- Burg best. They are all great but that one seems sharper to me. The difference between that and Jensen is why I prefer looking through my 10mm BCO at 90x to my 6mm BCO at 150x. That's what those two remind me of.

3 hours ago, melsmore said:

I liked all of them, but liked Mare Nectaris best. I thought it showed  terrace detail in the crater walls better than the others.

Thanks for the comment M|elsmore!
What I liked about the Nectaris photo was actually Rupes Altai. I do not remember shooting in this formation with the Sun in such a proper position to show it with such distinction.

2 hours ago, FaDG said:

I too find Jensen more attractive. 

Yet, may I suggest, if the poll is aimed at defining the best processing technique, you'd probably better choose the same region and treat it in all ways, otherwise the answer MAY be biased by the region itself!

In my case Jensen is preferred not due to the place, but due to contrast at the terminator and small detail. It shows more dynamic range

Yes, you're right my friend FaDG, it would be a much more impartial option!

Hi,

I agree that processing the same region is different ways and showing those would be best to asses the processing itself. However based in the supplied images I would say that the Janssen image looks best.

Contrast is gentle, not too harsh

resolution and details is excellent

detail retention in the highlights on the crater walls is near perfect.

Kind regards,

Wouter.

2 hours ago, wouterdhoye said:

Oi,

Eu concordo que o processamento da mesma região é diferente, mostrando que seria melhor avaliar o processamento em si. No entanto, com base nas imagens fornecidas, eu diria que a imagem da Janssen parece melhor.

O contraste é suave, não muito duro

resolução e detalhes é excelente

retenção de detalhe nos destaques nas paredes da cratera é quase perfeita.

Atenciosamente,

Wouter

Thanks for comments!

Hi, I like the Mare Nectaris Region the most. This post is very interesting to me as I'm planning on doing some lunar imaging with my 152mm F12 D&G achromat refractor. I would nhave to say though that they are all amazing to be honest.

Region of the Burg for me, it has the crisp / fresh appearance ? this is why I love lunar and refractor combination, the images taken do not surpass the visual observation quality.

Archived