NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Hmm - I may have gone a bit ovr the top with this one but it should be better tha the toolbox with cut up car sponges I'm using at the moment - the only slight worry I have is that I noticed everyone is using diced foam whilst this is a solid foam block - appreciate any tips on cutting the foam to shape - I'm thinking drill with circular wood bit or bread knife at the moment:eek:

Aluminium Flight Case With Foam Block (680x300x190mm) | eBay

OTT :) A full set of ethos would look lost in that case :icon_eek::D

i actually went in maplin yesterday, and i have to say, those cases ,although a good price, were flimsy i.m.o .

those celestron xcel lx e/p's look very nice indeed !

Edited by rory

Thanks! I am very pleased with the complete set of Nagler T4s. Really comfortable EPs.

I agree! I so much liked the T6's for there compactness but other than the 13mm T6 I found the 7mm & 9mm difficult to take in the whole 82' due to such tight ER and small eye lens. 82' FOV was something of a pleasure in the 22mm T4 and thank Al Nag for the adjustable eyecup making sure you don't fall into the telescope as you are totally immersed in the true space walk views. The only down side of the T4's is you really have to get scope balance just right between the T4's and much smaller EP's. I can't say I ever found the slightly warmer hue of the T4 to be anymore distracting than the coffee coloured hue of the T6's either. IMHO I think the only NAG that absolutely nailed it is the 31mm T5 offering mind blowing views, viewing comfort offered by the huge eye lens/ ER and clean bright super sharp white stars. I found the 26mm T5 perform similar also but managed it in a slightly more focuser friendly package.

Thanks! I am very pleased with the complete set of Nagler T4s. Really comfortable EPs.

Great set of EP's Michael, In a way I wish I had spent the extra and got T4's over T6 Naglers :)

Edited by MjrTom

Super eyepieces Michael.

The T4 Naglers are the most immersive of that range without doubt.

Here is a update of my lot. The Pentax XW 5mm, Nirvana 4mm and Nagler T6 3.5mm are the newbies but I've yet to re-work the case to fit them in !. I really can't see any need to change these now to be honest:

post-12764-133877731652_thumb.jpg

Edited by John

I only briefly looked through others T4's at PSP2011.

The compactness of the T6 EP's won me over :)

The T6s don't cut it for me (though I like their compact size), with glasses I find anything below 16-17 mm too short for comfort. That was the only issue with the 14mm UWA: 14mm eye relief. Otherwise it pretty well matches the performance of the 12T4. I used the 14mm in both Olly's TEC 140 and sir Isaac (20" F/4.1 dob), and M13 was astounding: sharp from core to edge, even when placed on the edge of the FOV. My only problem is I periodically bump my glasses against the EP, causing planets or planetaries to bounce through the FOV (not so much on Olly's TEC, that mount is built like a rock). I had no such problems with the 12T4.

As someone who does not currently wear glasses the tight eye relief is not an issue, no comparison to the eye relief you get on Baader genuine orthos. The 5mm has about 3.5mm eye relief :)

After using the BGO's for a while a T6 Nagler feels comfy :icon_eek:

Edited by MjrTom

As someone who does not currently wear glasses the tight eye relief is not an issue, no comparison to the eye relief you get on Baader genuine orthos. The 5mm has about 3.5mm eye relief :)

After using the BGO's for a while a T6 Nagler feels comfy :angry4:

I had a Circle-V 5mm ortho, and Circle-T 25mm ortho. Loved the latter, but HATED the former. I do not think I will first torture my eyes with a 5mm ortho to accept 10mm eye relief (my Celestron 10mm Plossl also got its marching orders when I got my Vixen LV 9). :icon_eek:

Edited by michael.h.f.wilkinson

Super eyepieces Michael

The T4 Naglers are the most immersive of that range without doubt

Here is a update of my lot. The Pentax XW 5mm, Nirvana 4mm and Nagler T6 3.5mm are the newbies but I've yet to re-work the case to fit them in !. I really can't see any need to change these now to be honest:

Really nice kit with the 31mm Panzerfaust in there :). My best buy last year.

How do you like your XW 5mm? Some people think they tend to black out a lot. What are your experiences?

I had a Circle-V 5mm ortho, and Circle-T 25mm ortho. Loved the latter, but HATED the former. I do not think I will first torture my eyes with a 5mm ortho to accept 10mm eye relief (my Celestron 10mm Plossl also got its marching orders when I got my Vixen LV 9). :icon_eek:

I'm done with tight eye relief eyepieces too. Over the past few months I've had Baader GO's, Circle-T ortho's and a TMB Supermonocentric in a range of shorter focal lengths from 7mm to 4mm.

Optically you can't fault them but they are hard work to use.

I find the 12mm of the Nagler T6 and Nirvana fine (I'm not a glasses wearer) and any compromise in contrast and sharpness over the low glass EP's, following a lot of comparison sessions, is beyond my ability to detect :)

Really nice kit with the 31mm Panzerfaust in there :). My best buy last year.

How do you like your XW 5mm? Some people think they tend to black out a lot. What are your experiences?

Thanks Michael :icon_eek:

I've yet to 1st light the 5mm XW but I'm optimistic about it's chances :angry4: