Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seeing should be good tonight in South UK!

Rob

Well its been throwing it down with rain all morning. And when I say throwing it down I mean it!. So will clear skies scheduled for tonight, it really could be an epic one. The rain should clear down the pollution & pollen well.

Fingers crossed & clear skies!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's grey, clear here.

We had one heavy shower around 6 pm. But I am looking out and don't see any signs yet, of clear skies despite the forecast. 

It's a shame really. I want to try some new kit out.

Nice arrangement of the Saturnian moons this evening - Enceladus is tough though, really close to the rings.

Might have a go at that comet as well Mark, probably though gaps in houses, trees etc, if I get lucky !

2 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Totally clear in Hereford - I have the 12" Dob out and viewed the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn with the WO Binoviewers and 16mm ES68 EPs. Some boiling but an enjoyable view in 3D. Hoping to pick up the Comet (C/2018 N1) in Libra as long as its not too low down for the Dob.

Sounds like an interesting target, Mark. SkySafari has it down as mag 16. Are you expecting the Comet to be brighter than that?

I enjoyed the session that I had but packed in a while back due to tiredness. It's hard packing the scope away when the stars are still glittering overhead but sometimes you get to a point when it's best to call time on a nice session rather than prolong it into an epic which becomes hard work.

It is a hobby, after all :smiley:

Excellent skies here in mid Wales, though it was just the binoculars for me.  M101 was clearly visible in 10x50s and the Veil was a lovely sight in 11x80s.  The nebulae in Sagittarius jumped out from near the southern horizon like they used to from my old observing site in France.  It was one of the darkest nights I have had since moving here and for some reason I enjoyed it all the more for sticking to binoculars.

Archived