NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PST got!

pluton

Hello,
I just got a PST, I just tried it, and ... what a fantastic image, it seems that something so small can provide such a beautiful image! that sun so tiny in the image of the PST that it seems like a tiny living being with a lot of life !! how much beauty
The only thing that has been a bit uncomfortable (I think it shows some black out) was the eyepiece that came standard with the PST, a 20mm Coronado, I would like you to recommend me some good eyepiece, without that annoying effect of kidney been.
What magnifications are good with this wonderful little solar telescope?
What kind of eyepieces? ploss, rasdem, wide angle ...?
Thank you very much for all your advice
Paul

Congrats on getting into Ha solar. You will love the views. Our star produces the most dynamic views of any astronomical object, in my opinion ?

It is the fact that you can almost detect things changing before your eyes.

Please take note: solar Ha aperture fever is extremely expensive ?

Simple plossls (or orthos) will work very well with your PST - as mentioned above your only concern is short eye relief at higher magnifications. TeleVue plossls are particularly effective - but not cheap. Other brands (Meade/Revelation/Vixen/SW etc plossls) will also perform well - shop around and you'll see what great value they are.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:16, Uplooker said:

Congrats on getting into Ha solar. You will love the views. Our star produces the most dynamic views of any astronomical object, in my opinion ?

It is the fact that you can almost detect things changing before your eyes.

Please take note: solar Ha aperture fever is extremely expensive ?

you can say that again, 10mm cost me a serious amount of overtime!

My Quark is in Ireland, but is being held by customs because a certain company didn't include VAT of 23% on the invoice. I've had to contact a Customs Clearance Agency and ask them to provide customs with a clearance certificate. That cost me 50 euros. Once customs have the certificate and ive paid the VAT, they will send my Quark.

Archived