Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Tak

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Piero said:

Congratulations Shaun! :)  Looking forward to reading your thoughts about your new telescope! 

p.s. 

How did you contact Trutek? I tried by email but no reply..  :rolleyes2: 

Thank you Piero ? I just have to wait for the scope to arrive now.

I called the number on his web page, if you want I can pm it to you. You can also search using “ true technology”

On 25/01/2018 at 10:26, Pig said:

All I have to do now is sneak it into the house without the better half noticing (like there is any real chance of that happening)

If you manage to accomplish that, I think it's your duty to make a "how to" video for the rest of us, please!

Congrats on your new Tak, fingers crossed we get clear skies soon.

Chris

Micro focuser was a wise decision. I got one on mine (also from Trutek) and would be lost without it. Great addition to these telescopes. Did you also order a finder? I only ask because, when unboxing my telescope, I couldn't resist grabbing the finder and having a quick look through it at some distant houses. I was gobsmacked at the wonderful bright and crisp images. Confirmation I had bought a quality instrument. Not cheap but a lot less than the NP 101 I was going to buy. What are you going to mount it on?

Cleetus, I did not get the finder but I may do a at later date....one reason is I have a couple of decent finders already and also if a finder protrudes too far out from the scope there is a possibility it can clash with my mount during its auto align process. The mount is also very accurate and more often than not a target is in the FOV of the eyepiece during the initial set up and I do not really need a finder. If I get the optional tower for my mount I will probably get the TAk finder to keep it all original.

My mount is an Ioptron AZ Pro ?

Nice mount. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with that combination. A lot of people don't bother with the finder with the Tak - you will get a nice wide view with that scope. Which reminds me; did you ever get the 13mm Ethos? 

Thank you Kerry ? one of the Nagler Zooms will be my next purchase too, hopefully time will pass quickly and then we will get some nice skies. The battery died on my mount last night and another should be here tomorrow ?

18 minutes ago, kerrylewis said:

It's a shame you didn't join the DL Club Shaun. But it does keep it a bit more exclusive :icon_biggrin:

With all these purchases of these Taks going on. I think these Taks are getting rather common ?.

The SW 120ed equinox club is far more select these days?

27 minutes ago, kerrylewis said:

Ah - but it is the Tak DL Club - there are only 200 on the planet :icon_biggrin:

For now ?

I suppose there is nothing to stop Tak putting out another production run ,or two or three or four ect if they wanted.?

Then the DL club would be far from select ?

Wonder how many DL's are left to purchase from the 2nd run ?

It was always going to have more limited appeal than the faster versions though so Tak were sensible to limit the production. Apparently faster apos outsell slower ones by quite a ratio - by as much as 10:1 in some cases according to Markus Ludes of APM Telescopes.

The TMB / LZOS 130 is the example I'm thinking of. There is an F/6 and the F/9.2 version that I have. They have made 105 of the F/9.2's since production started in 2006. 9 more will be made.

All three Tak FC-100 models are wonderful scopes though, IMHO :icon_biggrin:

I went for the F/9 because I already had the very nice Vixen ED102SS which is F/6.5. I'm sure you will really like your F/7.4 Shaun :icon_biggrin:

2 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Ah - but it is the Tak DL Club - there are only 200 on the planet :icon_biggrin:

At present, they are an investment. Usability is the key, 900mm = longer fl eps for higher magnifications, at the small loss of slightly wider fields.

Those who buy a Tak for travel....are braver than I. 2K+ of luggage, let alone as a single object  is too much worry for me.

Would those who bought the F7.5 Taks, take the travel risk if the number produced was only 200?

Archived