Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Tak

11 hours ago, Cleetus said:

, I couldn't resist grabbing the finder and having a quick look through it at some distant houses. I was gobsmacked at the wonderful bright and crisp images. Confirmation I had bought a quality instrument.

I agree. The 7x50 illuminated finder on my FS128 is superb..

I only wish it was a RACI☺

Dave

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, John said:

Wonder how many DL's are left to purchase from the 2nd run ?

John, not many I suspect. I only contacted two retailers and they both had two DL’s available, both also had DC’s in stock but I couldn’t find anyone that had the DF in stock. Is this because the DF is less popular or that they have sold more ? 

For a bit of fun I think we should do a quick tally of Taks on SGL ?

10 hours ago, 25585 said:

Would those who bought the F7.5 Taks, take the travel risk if the number produced was only 200?

Yes, it's a scope that is supposed to be used. Best opportunities often come at dark southern sites that need you to travel.

13 hours ago, Timebandit said:

For now ?

I suppose there is nothing to stop Tak putting out another production run ,or two or three or four ect if they wanted.?

Then the DL club would be far from select ?

I wonder if anyone knows just how many Vixen FL 102 F9  Fluorites are knocking about around the world? Thousands I'd guess! The DL isn't such a special beast after all!!? It makes the superlative F7.4 something very special by comparison, with its wider field and its high power colour free views. ??

3 hours ago, Pig said:

John, not many I suspect. I only contacted two retailers and they both had two DL’s available, both also had DC’s in stock but I couldn’t find anyone that had the DF in stock. Is this because the DF is less popular or that they have sold more ? 

DC for me! But that was because it was the less costly option and good old Nick Hudson at True Technology gave me a great deal! The D.C. was advertised as the mainly visual version with imaging as an option. The DF was advertised as the better option for imaging, and the DL wasn't in production. 

I do hope we don't get to the stage of buying scopes as investments. Of course, it is nice if your scope holds its value well, but surely the point is to buy the scope you want, and to look through it, not just at it!

Ok ... responses so far.. = 2 ?

1 x FC100DC 

1x FC100 DF

I don’t purchase any astronomy related kit for investment purposes, its about enjoyment and the best quality I can afford.

13 minutes ago, Pig said:

Ok ... responses so far.. = 2 ?

1 x FC100DC 

1x FC100 DF

I don’t purchase any astronomy related kit for investment purposes, its about enjoyment and the best quality I can afford.

Well, you know I have a DC Shaun so you can add that to the list :) 

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

... The DL isn't such a special beast after all!!? It makes the superlative F7.4 something very special by comparison, with its wider field and its high power colour free views. ??

I realise that you were jesting but was that necessary really Mike ? :rolleyes2:

When this report was posted you jumped straight in with excuses as to why the why slight differences between the scopes were detected. I've noticed that the author has not qualified his report, which given his reputation I'm sure he would want to do ?

http://scopeviews.co.uk/TakFC100s.htm

As I see it the F/9 is simply a slower variant of the F/7.4 aimed perhaps at a slight different audience - I'd have been very happy to own either :smiley:

5 hours ago, Pig said:

4 would be a large proportion of the whole UK allocation I think. Australia only got 4 of the 1st run of 100 I understand.

I believe that starting a new "poll thread" would be a better idea than posting here. This thread will certainly miss a few answers because it started with the purpose of a purchase. 

If you agree, I can do it.

18 minutes ago, John said:

I realise that you were jesting but was that necessary really Mike ? :rolleyes2:

When this report was posted you jumped straight in with excuses as to why the why slight differences between the scopes were detected. I've noticed that the author has not qualified his report, which given his reputation I'm sure he would want to do ?

http://scopeviews.co.uk/TakFC100s.htm

As I see it the F/9 is simply a slower variant of the F/7.4 aimed perhaps at a slight different audience - I'd have been very happy to own either :smiley:

John, it would be nice if Daniel on CN actually wrote up his comparison of several DFs vs DLs but I guess that’s not ever going through happen given how long it’s been since he mentioned it.

Having had both DF and DL they are both great scopes (obviously) and you are completely correct - it depends on what you want to do with them. For planets DL, for widefield maybe DF. But both can do either well. 

15 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Ah - but it is the Tak DL Club - there are only 200 on the planet :icon_biggrin:

13 hours ago, 25585 said:

At present, they are an investment.  

Would those who bought the F7.5 Taks, take the travel risk if the number produced was only 200?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I do hope we don't get to the stage of buying scopes as investments. Of course, it is nice if your scope holds its value well, but surely the point is to buy the scope you want, and to look through it, not just at it!

Thats it buy your  Tak DL , get a nice frame and hang it on the wall.

What an absolute waste of a quality scope. You probably have as much chance of damaging it carrying it from your house to your garden to observe, than you do traveling to a dark site to observe.

I suppose if you do decide to use your Tak as a wall hanger . You will probably get more time with it, looking at it ,rather than looking through it going by the weather condition we get in the UK. ? 

3 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Thats it buy your  Tak DL , get a nice frame and hang it on the wall.

What an absolute waste of a quality scope. You probably have as much chance of damaging it carrying it from your house to your garden to observe, than you do traveling to a dark site to observe.

I suppose if you do decide to use your Tak as a wall hanger . You will probably get more time with it, looking at it ,rather than looking through it going by the weather condition we get in the UK. ? 

LoL ... you have to use all scopes surely ... my little WO has had the most use lately ?

3 minutes ago, Pig said:

LoL ... you have to use all scopes surely ... my little WO has had the most use lately ?

Totally agree?. I find pleasure also when conditions allow. Getting all three scopes out at the same time and comparing the differences these scopes give on the same target. Also confirms to me that my choice to have three scopes is justified?

The spice of life and all that ☺

Archived