Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Tak

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I wonder if anyone knows just how many Vixen FL 102 F9  Fluorites are knocking about around the world? Thousands I'd guess! The DL isn't such a special beast after all!!? It makes the superlative F7.4 something very special by comparison, with its wider field and its high power colour free views. ??

That's great Mike!.. You should ask Donald Trump for a job as his Head of Fake News!:headbang::headbang::evil4:

Dave

23 hours ago, Timebandit said:

I suppose there is nothing to stop Tak putting out another production run ,or two or three or four ect if they wanted.?

Then the DL club would be far from select ?

If Tak were to launch more DLs, or more variants in aperture or focal length, those who wanted to have more choice could select from a wider selection. So each selected type would be by definition select, and the selection process would attract more select customers to make their selection. So they'd be happy with what they'd selected from the select selection available. I think..:icon_scratch::icon_scratch: ?

Dave

45 minutes ago, 25585 said:

I have only counted folk that have responded within this thread..... otherwise we may get duplicates ? I guess it was just a short lived bit of fun.

1 hour ago, Pig said:

I have only counted folk that have responded within this thread..... otherwise we may get duplicates ? I guess it was just a short lived bit of fun.

I have a DC with Feather Touch replacement. I have also ordered a DL, which is supposed to arrive within the next few weeks.

6 minutes ago, marcus_z said:

I have a DC with Feather Touch replacement. I have also ordered a DL, which is supposed to arrive within the next few weeks.

Nice! I do enjoy the FT upgrade on mine, suits the scope well.

If only we all had both DC and DL it would save a lot of this arguing ;) 

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice! I do enjoy the FT upgrade on mine, suits the scope well.

If only we all had both DC and DL it would save a lot of this arguing ;) 

There's the 2" and 3" Feather Touch upgrade, so we all need both upgrades as well :rolleyes2:  My DL will get the 3" FTF and the DC the 2" FTF...

I guess we need fora because of the variety!

47 minutes ago, marcus_z said:

The DLs might have green focusers for second production run. Definitely to be replaced or swapped for another colour if so! 

27 minutes ago, 25585 said:

The DLs might have green focusers for second production run. Definitely to be replaced or swapped for another colour if so! 

May be there should be a thread started called "Pimp My Tak!" 

5a6e6dc0264ee_2018-01-2900_45_11.png.68c436084e1533c90619676968200797.png

Personally I love the Tak green, and I think the new duck egg blue looks great too! 

9 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

May be there should be a thread started called "Pimp My Tak!" 

5a6e6dc0264ee_2018-01-2900_45_11.png.68c436084e1533c90619676968200797.png

Personally I love the Tak green, and I think the new duck egg blue looks great too! 

The toothpaste tube blue stripe on its hood?

I'm thinking red Moonlite focuser to go with Primaluce rings and bar. A TS dew shield over the metal hood as much for extra protection as dew prevention. 

Fluffy dice? Weighted as counter balance :)

44 minutes ago, 25585 said:

The toothpaste tube blue stripe on its hood?

I'm thinking red Moonlite focuser to go with Primaluce rings and bar. A TS dew shield over the metal hood as much for extra protection as dew prevention. 

Fluffy dice? Weighted as counter balance :)

I did do a little mild pimping of my Tak by making it a retractable dew shield out of some flexible black plastic, with a felt lining and Velcro fastener. Blue Peter eat your heart out! 

5a6efbf6b265a_2018-01-2910_51_47.thumb.jpg.47e84b7ae6835bafa4e772dceccf4265.jpg5a6efc0666101_2018-01-2910_52_29.thumb.jpg.00a1fbbbd96bccf74a626cc4827aa026.jpg

The furry dice are yet to come! ??

I use an AstroZap Heated dew shield as the dew can be pretty severe round here, I'm between two reservoirs and not so far from the Thames and Mole Rivers.

Just the FT upgrade for me, I somehow think that the smaller FeatherTouch is more in keeping with the light weight design of the scope than a Moonlite, which can be pretty chunky.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I use an AstroZap Heated dew shield as the dew can be pretty severe round here, I'm between two reservoirs and not so far from the Thames and Mole Rivers.

Just the FT upgrade for me, I somehow think that the smaller FeatherTouch is more in keeping with the light weight design of the scope than a Moonlite, which can be pretty chunky.

Moonlites are heavier, true, I have a 2 inch one for my 120 Equinox (a heavier scope anyway).

The 2.5 Moonlite looks very robust.

image.thumb.png.64e55a34a2b5e01ded1ee671a4df07d3.png

1 minute ago, 25585 said:

Moonlites are heavier, true, I have a 2 inch one for my 120 Equinox (a heavier scope anyway).

The 2.5 Moonlite looks very robust.

image.thumb.png.64e55a34a2b5e01ded1ee671a4df07d3.png

A Moonlite on a 120ED or similar seems to sit 'right', for visual it just seems a wasted opportunity to have a lovely light scope and add more weight to it. The FT is quite robust enough, the only thing a Moonlite adds is additional travel.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

A Moonlite on a 120ED or similar seems to sit 'right', for visual it just seems a wasted opportunity to have a lovely light scope and add more weight to it. The FT is quite robust enough, the only thing a Moonlite adds is additional travel.

Both CF models have 45mm travel max, how much does the FT have? And how much is needed?!

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

I agree Stu. When I first saw a few days ago that you could put a 3 inch feathertouch on an fc100 I thought this sounded interesting. However it would get away from the lightweight visual focused scope that I think is its raison d’etre. For additional travel I have a 2 inch televue extension tube permanently attached. To get my NV monoculars to come to focus I also needed to get a 3.5 inch extension which I will swap in for the 2 inch when required.

Archived