Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Tak

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents,

If I have contributed to this at all then I apologise and bow my head in shame, but let's steer clear of any elitism or dissing of other scope types or makes, it is not what we are about.

I am sure we can and do all enjoy looking at the sky in a wide variety of scopes both expensive and cheap, so let's celebrate that!

All of us would be quite happy with a DC, DF or DL, let's be honest :)

I do not see it as elitism Stu and you do not have to bow your head in shame ? this is a thread about Taks, yes they are expensive but it does not mean people have to take it the wrong way and should not only see / search for the negatives, I have only seen one post that was tongue in cheek I am sure.... and hey the scopes in this thread thus far are all essentially the same ?

6 hours ago, John said:

I realise that you were jesting but was that necessary really Mike ? :rolleyes2:

When this report was posted you jumped straight in with excuses as to why the why slight differences between the scopes were detected. I've noticed that the author has not qualified his report, which given his reputation I'm sure he would want to do ?

http://scopeviews.co.uk/TakFC100s.htm

As I see it the F/9 is simply a slower variant of the F/7.4 aimed perhaps at a slight different audience - I'd have been very happy to own either :smiley:

Apologies John. The DL is a very special beast really! :icon_biggrin: The Vixens have an uncoated rear element, and of course aren't currently available anyway!! :sad: DL's Rule!!! :thumbsup:

Humour doesn't always translate well on forums! :icon_scratch:

As regards Rodgers review; it may have come across as excuses, but some of it is simply incorrect! Colour around the lunar limb is simply none existant in focus and barely detectable either side of focus, and image shift? Not in my focuser! I use high powers regularly and using the microfocuser the target doesn't budge. I remember Rodger being amazed at the absence of visible CA in the DC. He wrote his review a long time after the event, so perhaps he needs to take another look!? I do believe the F9 has a slightly cooler look than the F7.4 though!

The Steinheil design, with unexposed fluorite element is what is attractive about the FCs. No matter how good a coating is, it eventually perishes, and then the fluoride element would. So the Taks and Vixens which had the latter exposed may or may not still be good as new.

A FC Tak appealed to me because, hopefully, it will have longevity - probably more than me! :clock:

Nice to own a make which, all models are considered instant classics. The DL has a sturdy focuser, will hopefully need less critical focusing and allows longer FL eye pieces with their better eye relief :evil5:. No finder, have plenty already, and Takahashi don't do a RA version :cussing: (do Vixen?).

Finally, & justifiably to me, when looking at the DL, it seems more scope for the money.

That’s a bit like shopping at Harrods but using an Aldi bag to carry the goods home. ????? daylight snobbery or what ???

Well it’s been nice meeting you all. ...... ? I will see you again when my ban expires, if it ever does ?

4 minutes ago, Pig said:

That’s a bit like shopping at Harrods but using an Aldi ba to carry the goods home. ????? daylight snobbery or what ???

Well it’s been nice meeting you all. ...... ? I will see you again when my ban expires, if it ever does ?

Not really. Unlike SW & TV, Takahashi do not have cases made to carry or store their scopes in.

21 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Not really. Unlike SW & TV, Takahashi do not have cases made to carry or store their scopes in.

Yes , I would also be interested for that very reason. I believe the dew shield adds about 110mm, but I am not sure about the additional focusser length ?

Mmmm - this thread has taken some strange twists and turns :icon_biggrin:. But to answer a specific point: when I bought my DL off Gavin (Gavstar) he also sold me a lovely black and red Manfrotto bag which it fits perfectly. The bag is even wider at one end and so accommodates the diagonal and even the finder. It would not look out of place in Harrods! 

I can measure the scope's length if people still need it. 

To be honest, when i was thinking of getting a Tak, I (obviously) looked around the forum and because of my passion for the planets I was attracted by the longer focal length of the DL. John in particular was very happy with his. It was only when I said 'I'd like one of those' that he mentioned the limited run and all that. So, all joking aside, exclusivity didn't come in to it only that it meant that it might be difficult to get one!!

However, it is nice.......

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

Can anyone say how long a DL OTA + hood screwed on is please, seeing as its not slideable? This is to see if one would fit in a SW ED100 case.

1 hour ago, Pig said:

That’s a bit like shopping at Harrods but using an Aldi bag to carry the goods home. ????? daylight snobbery or what ???

Stu.  Come and sort Pig out please. He is having a pop at us SW owners again 

Nice knowing you Shaun?

Archived