SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which Tak

9 minutes ago, jetstream said:

Please tell me I don't need a new focuser  on the TSA120 to hang out with you guys!!

:grin:

It's a FeatherTouch or bust I'm afraid Gerry!! ;) 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was afraid of this- I must keep saving up. Can I join the FT/Tak club at a later date but the Tak club now? (when scope arrives). You know a set of posted rules would be nice...:grin:

What about unauthorized Tak mods? is it grounds for removal?:hiding:like dewshields?

8 minutes ago, jetstream said:

I was afraid of this- I must keep saving up. Can I join the FT/Tak club at a later date but the Tak club now? (when scope arrives). You know a set of posted rules would be nice...:grin:

What about unauthorized Tak mods? is it grounds for removal?:hiding:like dewshields?

Very clever Tak-tics Gerry..... but I think you are trying to Tak the biscuit.... I believe the FT is a optional extra with some Taks ?

13 minutes ago, 25585 said:

There do seem to be sub-sub-divisions for focusers. Tak black or green on OE DL ones = 1st or 2nd run. Do DLs have unique numbered plates, or any model for that matter?

All models have unique serial numbers! ☺

23 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

All models have unique serial numbers! ☺

So it would be interesting to know who has what number. Would a pattern arise? From an import/export POV & year of purchase etc. Early numbers may be more collectible/desirable :evil7:.

33 minutes ago, 25585 said:

So it would be interesting to know who has what number. Would a pattern arise? From an import/export POV & year of purchase etc. Early numbers may be more collectible/desirable :evil7:.

My old FS128 had this serial number:

Screenshot_2017-12-26-18-11-51.thumb.png.0ae96515d916bda1e2f37b4af21126f8.png

And my FC100DC  has the serial number C14002

20180129_213416.thumb.jpg.51091a9e1f8af12786ace5599c366d12.jpg

Along with the scope you get a certificate in Japanese, which is all Greek to me, but I think the number refers to the year and then the number in the run. In my case the scope appears to have been made in 2014 and was the second of the run. May be I'm wrong, so if anyone would like to shed more light on the serial number I'd be grateful! ☺

20180129_212607.thumb.jpg.578b0e72f240963b02302cb3f9d1e972.jpg

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Nice! I do enjoy the FT upgrade on mine, suits the scope well.

If only we all had both DC and DL it would save a lot of this arguing ;) 

A scope like the old TV cameras, turret with different FL OTAs. Richer field - click, flatter field - click, longer FL - click.

Stu, did you keep your Tak focuser?

5 minutes ago, jetstream said:

what about me?!:icon_cry: doesn't my incoming count?

Oh man, I just realized this must be the Tak 100 count, sorry I'll just watch from now on, my apologies...:icon_pirat:

Its a count of any Tak Gerry... not just the 100’s, I see a 76 in there also?

7 hours ago, 25585 said:

What no Stellarviews or Sky 90 owners!? :crybaby2:

Hey Gerry, you have more scopes than the total amount of Taks counted thus far ?? but here’s two for you ?

17 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Aren't StellarView Chinese optics?

Here's a pic of a Sky 90 that will one day be mine. Does that count?

20170804_182533.jpg

if Stella view optics are Chinese ,then cannot count.?

Otherwise my equinox can be counted as it has a Ohara lens?

19 minutes ago, 25585 said:

"One more day.....one day more" Are you tracking it?

Yes I think Shaun is ,but unfortunately it is still in Japan ?, never mind there are always these cheaper Chinese alternatives to rely on  ?

Archived