Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

14 minutes ago, Jonk said:

Very close, aborted at t minus 1.3s....no explanation as there's no audio apart from the hissing from the spacecraft.

Told you you should watch Nasa Spaceflight.com on YT :thumbsup:

Dave

• Haha 1

Anyone have any news on the cause for the abort or a new launch date yet?  I've not seen anything so far.  I gather there was the possibility of going again today or tomorrow, but I'd have thought we'd know by now if that was going to happen.

James

2 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Anyone have any news on the cause for the abort or a new launch date yet?  I've not seen anything so far.  I gather there was the possibility of going again today or tomorrow, but I'd have thought we'd know by now if that was going to happen.

James

Engines didn't light apparently but they didn't say if that was the actual ignition that failed or a safety sensor stopped it.

Not seen any relaunch date yet but git to happen sooner than later I'd have thought.

Dave

21 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Engines didn't light apparently

When I was seven or eight, my rocket designs always used the well-proven technology of automotive spark plugs as the ignition subsystem. I should get in touch with Elon and give him some pointers.

7 minutes ago, Ags said:

When I was seven or eight, my rocket designs always used the well-proven technology of automotive spark plugs as the ignition subsystem. I should get in touch with Elon and give him some pointers.

I don't know what's wrong with a burning taper on the end of a long pole.

James

• Haha 2

If it's anything like last night, you need to look out for a ring of condensation appearing around the rocket body, just above the bottom fins. Once that appears (from loading fuel), it's about  30-45 minutes to go.

2 minutes ago, Jonk said:

Like this? :)

image.thumb.png.ce482cfeb0c617aa6d67bd0762fb374b.png

Very similar, though I can't have it full-screen because we don't have the bandwidth.  And it doesn't help that I'm trying to upload new builds of oacapture either.

James