Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
wavydavy

4 pane mosaic of NGC 7000 and Pelican.

Heres my version of NGC 7000 and the Pelican nebula, taken back in 2015, through my William optics zenithstar 70ED with focal reducer. To fit it all in I did a 4 pane mosaic. Think the subs where 15 x 6 mins for each pane..........hope you like.

NGC 7000 and Pelican (4 mosaic) (30-7-15) print.jpg

• Like 9

That's a fabulous wide shot, nice and crisp and processed well.

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By acr_astro
      Hi all,
      as well today the sun is shining brightly here. I set up the Lunt to have a look at it, at first just for observing. However, somehow I cannot resist and have to do a sketch This time I've chosen reddish pastels on grey paper to better catch the color of the view in the eyepiece.

Telescope: Lunt LS50THaB600PT
      Eyepiece: Celestron X-cel 10mm
      Date & Time: May 15th, 2020 / 1400-1430 CEST
      Technique: red and orange Koh-i-Noor pastels and pastel pens on grey Canson Mi-Teintes pastel paper
      Size: 24 x 32 cm
      Clear (and sunny) skies!
      Achim
    • By stevewanstall
      Messier 57 is is just coming into a position for a decent look around 11 30 pm. IT is a colourful object and I thought it would give me a good target with which to practice my colour developing in PS/Lightroom. I have read so much about how to produce a LRGB image from the four stacked/calibrated luminance, red, blue and green images,  a lot seems contradicatory and some, when followed, gave me colour yes, but not as we know it. I am sure a fair chunk must be put down to me. Anyway, I now have a work flow which gives me colour, sometimes resembling what other people have obtained. Progess of sorts.
      This images is based on 114s subs at gain 139, offset 21.
      L 39, R 20, G 20, B 19
      Calibrated  and stacked in DSS (flats, dark flats and darks)
      Messier 57 Ring Nebula in Lyra

NASA: M57, or the Ring Nebula, is a planetary nebula, the glowing remains of a sun-like star. The tiny white dot in the centre of the nebula is the star’s hot core, called a white dwarf. M57 is about 2,000 light-years away in the constellation Lyra, and is best observed during August. Discovered by the French astronomer Antoine Darquier de Pellepoix in 1779, the Ring Nebula has an apparent magnitude of 8.8 and can be spotted with moderately sized telescopes.
      Equipment: Celestron 9.25 XLT at F10,  Skywatcher EQ6 Pro GEM, ZWO 1600MM Pro, ZWO EFW with ZWO LRGB filters, QHY5IIC guide camera on Skywatcher 9 x 50 finderscope, Celestron Focus Motor
      Software: Ascom 6, Eqmod, Cartes du Ciel, AstroPhotography Tool, PHD2

• By Adaaam75
      Hi guys,
      So on Tuesday night I spent the evening imaging the moon with my Celestron 9.25 SCT and DSLR as shown below and am happy with the images I collated (I only took images as I did intend to take capture video but I got carried away and time was getting on).
      I have approx 350 jpeg (and the equivalent in raw) images and have used the Microsoft image composite editor to stitch the frames together without editing them first etc but I wonder if I'm going the images an injustice?
      I'm not ready to pay for editing software as I know there is a lot of very good free downloads out there and I'm asking for recommendations. Should I be processing the frames before/after stitching and what software would you recommend? Please offer any advice you have.
      I will post the resulting image once I'm happy with the outcome 😁
      Thanks in advance,

• By Bajastro
      I finished observations of the Mizar A spectroscopic binary.
      Calibration for the Hα line made on water lines contained in the Earth's atmosphere.
      I used LowSpec spectrograph with 1800 grooves/mm reflective holographic grating, APM APO 107/700, QHY163M camera and HEQ5 mount with guiding.
      It turned out that the Earth's movement practically compensated for the radial velocity of the Mizar A system.
      Based on the analysis, I received the result:
      vr = -8.8 km/s
      in fact the system is approaching at a radial velocity of -6.3 km/s.

I also determined the phase plot of radial velocities based on my measurements for the Na (together for both lines) and separately for Hα line:

Error is based on half my spectral resolution (0.2 Å/pix corresponds to rv = 10 km/s). Each measurement corresponds to the stack a few images.

The most important purpose of observing this binary system was to record the historical Ca II line (often called as CaK, 3933.66 Å).
      The distances in the violet part of the spectrum are almost 2x smaller than the corresponding shifts for the Hα line. This line initiated the discovery of spectroscopically binary systems, and Mizar A was the first discovered system of this type.

These were the spectroscopic observations in the 19th century:

Source: https://www.leosondra.cz/en/mizar/#b20

I've made several observations of this line in the last two weeks:

Animation showing the changes in the CaK line based on my observations:

Not only the Ca II is split, but the surrounding lines also, shown below in a wider environment:

Balmer hydrogen lines are becoming more dense as Balmer's gap approaches (3646 Å).

Observation result of the Hα line:

And animation showing the changes in this line:

The Na I doublet was much more difficult to observe, because stars with A spectral type contain very faint lines of this metal:

Animation showing the changes in the sodium doublet:

We received the sodium quartet
    • By Camalajs525
      Since I am very new to this, I struggle a lot. Especially when observing planets and also recently deep sky objects. My telescope is an amateur telescope and its almost 11 years old (The telescope was re used a year ago). During summer of last year I took photos of Saturn,Jupiter and a month ago took photos of Venus and Mars. About 2 days ago I stumbled upon a new thing in the sky, (Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture). It definitely was in the Orion constellation  as I had observed Betelgeuse and the 3 stars that were close to each other. After a couple of minutes later I saw 2 stars next to each other and another two which were on top of the other star, surrounding these set of stars were a blue-ish and grey-ish colour at the same time. I had done some research and many people told me it was the trapezium cluster found in Orion. I honestly don't know. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.