NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion's Belt and Sword wide(ish) field now in HaLRGB

bdlbug

All,

last night was cold and clear but the seeing was not as good as last Sunday, a lot more moisture in the air, I headed out at 10:30pm, when the local sports field turns off its floodlights and spent about 2hrs capturing more data. I got Orion Constellation back in view and I used APT Framing tool to help replicate the framing from Sunday's session and shot a set of RGB subs and further L subs, 30s, 15s,10s, 1s and 0.5s to try and get some dynamic range into Orion Nebula. All the subs were taken with ASI1600 set at unity gain and at -20degC  and still using my Samyang 135mm set at F2 mounted on AZ-EQ6. No guiding used. All capture controlled by APT. Been quite a process this evening to stack and process all the different exposure sets, but enjoyable none  the less  I used DSS to stack, RegiStar to align and combine RGB, PS CC for all processing with plugins for AstroFlat and HLVG.

I posted the Ha version at beginning of the week, 

I've uploaded a full resolution JPEG, it doesn't stand up to pixel peeping, I think I slightly mis-aligned one of the L frames when combining to get some dynamic range into Orion Nebula - I combined about 40% Ha onto a copy of the Red channel  using Luminosity option to merge then replaced  the Red channel of the colour image with the HaR mix. Although this is a completely different set up and FOV this is its not in the same league as @ollypenrice and his M42 au chocolat earlier this evening, which was absolutely stunning by the way, I think I have managed to capture a dusting of cocoa powder with my efforts :) with around 5 hrs of data capture. Anyway thanks for looking and hope you like it, plus any comments absolutely welcome

Bryan

5a0f6a6421e13_OrionConstellationHaRGBNovember2017v1.thumb.jpg.323314963b3e9b4972a87d4b5c675a25.jpg

Archived