12v, what power connectors do you use?

Alan White

Probably been done to death before, but;

In place of the 12v Cigar lighter connectors, what 12v connectors plugs / sockets are you using?
I am finding that the cigar plugs loose connection from time to time and if on the mount, that's a real pain.

6 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Yes i have a few of those and with the matching plugs are very good and watertight...

If you want a small connector with a good tight fit look at the XT60 power connector from the RC model (quadcopter) hobby

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/nylon-xt60-connectors-male-female-5-pairs-genuine.html?countrycode=GB&gclid=CjwKCAjw-NXPBRB4EiwAVNRLKkZSSaa_UpSDWw1rLIgxJdKphrm42pO9sTPzLZ8uv5BuJ82rXmY8qxoCHZ0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

you have to solder the wires in and have a bit of heat shrink where the wire goes into the terminal

I use those mic connectors (or something very similar). The EQ8 mount also uses the two pin version for its power connector.  I think they're rated at 10A.  I also use XLRs.

I use a mix of 3 pin XLR plugs & sockets for more heavy duty, obviously only utilizing 2 of the pins.

For lighter stuff I've just changed to a mix of GX12-2 & GX16-2 Aviation type connectors.

As for connecting my recently finished Field Power Pack to my scope mounted hub, I used 9pin Weipu SP21 series connectors.  

Archived