Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pickering's triangle 2 pane mosaic in bi-colour

swag72

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rodd said:

Very Nice--with resolution like that, why not a full resolution mode option?  I assume you down sampled?  The 152 can pick up very fine detail

Rodd

Thanks Rodd - I just like to put a larger but not full res version on my website....... larger images have, in my experience, a far greater tendency to get copied and posted as someone elses work :( 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, AKB said:

Oh, now ANOTHER APOD, I see!

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap171110.html

Congratulations Sara.

9 hours ago, DaveS said:

Oh yay! Many congrats Sara :D.

6 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Many congratulations Sara. You set the standards on many of your images on this forum. Again, well done.

Steve

Thanks for your comments! It was a very nice surprise this morning :) 

Hi Sara,

first congrats for the APOD (again).

The veil is a region, where you can spent a whole year and will find still another interesting detail. Your rendition of the triangle is really great and your patience payed out 100%. Btw, I am about to change my camera as well, but not from KAF to Sony, but from Atik to QSI. I like to have camera, filterwheel and off axis guider in ONE piece - like the QSI 690 wsg8 is offering. Did you ever heared of the vertical banding noise the QSI should have?

Greetings

Jens

Thanks guys for the comments - Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been back in the UK for a few days.

@Jedi2014 - I've not noticed any banding issues in the QSI. I guess that you are getting secondhand now that QSI have stopped production for the moment?

Archived