Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horizon tonight

triton1

Good grief, not on here until 2330, too late for a school night .  I thought I'd be clever and watch it live on BBC i player on my laptop but that of course asks you to sign in , determines your location and then presents the local programme schedule - not happy :(   Last ditch hope - IPlayer through the Amazon fire stick - bingo we are in and watching - happy days :)   What a palaver, I feel like a Cassini mission controller!

Jim 

Truly remarkable. Sad that I can't imagine a mission that'll be as successful for so long in many of our lifetimes. but glad this one happened in my lifetime. Looking forward to the science that will continue to come out of the data, and such admiration for those involved. 

Just watched it, what a superb programme. A wonderfully successful mission, capped by some truly stunning images. I have been in my current job 18 years 4 months, which would not be long enough to have seen the mission through!

Neil DeGrasse Tyson from a 2004 interview "Cassini mission cost less than what Americans spent on Lip Balm" :icon_biggrin:

I was fortunate to work on the Cassini imaging team for a short while years ago. I will miss that space craft. That job brought me to Colorado with its excellent skies, and rejuvenated my interest in astronomy. I just came in from a quick binocular session, taking in the Wild Duck cluster, Lagoon Neb, Trifid Neb, and several open clusters. 

And of course, I looked at Saturn and thought of Cassini.

Archived