NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello everyone from Southwater, West Sussex

mothershipuk

Hello everyone,

Name is Justin, 38 and I live in West Sussex with my crazy family of 4 children and wife.

My interest in Astronomy only started last October (07) when I was walking across a football field on way home from picking my 7 year old boy from footy practice when we both stopped and glanced up. It was a totally clear night and was incredible to see.

My son asked me a few questions about the sky which I couldn't answer! In fact I couldn't name a single star, planet, constellation or anything.

A week later after speaking to my wife we decided we was going to get him a small telescope for Christmas. After much research on various telescopes and astronomy I found myself enoying this subject immensely, everything was new to me, huge learning curve! Eventually after much umming about starting with a small telescope or not in November (07) I ordered a 10" LX90 and few other bits to get me going.

A year later, I can name a few stars, constellations, galaxies etc and have also seen Saturn, Jupiter and moon. I have even dabbled with a DSi pro and have produced some planetary images although I get stuck with deep sky and star images.

I have joined this forum so that I can learn more from fellow stargazers as I dont belong to a club.

Everytime I see the sky is gonna be clear my wife gives me the nod and says spose your gonna get your scope out tonight!! ha ha

What else can I say, I love stargazing!

Speak to you all soon

x Justin

Archived