Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 Mono & BW
(North America nebula) in Hydrogen alpha is covering an area of more than four times the size of the full moon.
Very bad conditions during shooting, tremendous mist came after 1 hour so instead of 2 hrs it's just one.
Scope: Skywatcher EVOSTAR 80ED DS-Pro
Mount: HEQ5Pro
Camera: QHY168C
Filter Baader 7μm H-alpha
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MC
Guiding scope: Finderscope 9x50
12x300s exposure at -10°C (60 min total)
binning 1x1
10xdarks
10xbias
20xflats

NGC7000 SDmask developed 2sml.jpg

NGC7000 SDmask developed 2bwsml.jpg

2 hours ago, UKJay1971 said:

Mono is always more dramatic however I like them both. The QHY163 cameras as simply stunning for what they can do with them, aren't they?

I think he states that its a QHY168c not the QHY163m. SO actually this is taken with a OSC camera similar to the ASI071 not the mono 163 which is similar to the ASI1600mmc. Basically it may be an OSC but it has much larger pixels than the 163m so in the images I have seen it does a cracking job at both H-a and OIII not seen anyone try SII though.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2017 at 20:09, old_eyes said:

Where did you put the Ha filter in your imaging train? And did you use a filed flattener. I am just getting started with a similar rig (Equinox 80 Pro), and interested how you have set it up for Ha.

My filter is screwed into the camera, just before the AR/AR glass on the adaptor. My optical train is: Evostar/35mm distance M48/flattener/camera adapter/filter+filter adapter/camera.

I hope I didn't messed it up..;)))

Archived