Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'qhy9'.
Found 5 results
Presenting my first attempt at Bi colour imaging. This is the Rosette Nebula (NGC2244), which is located in the constellation of Monoceros. Telescope: Orion 80ED Mount: Sky Watcher HEQ5PRO Camera: QHY9s Mono Filter wheel: QHYFW2 Filters: Baader 7nm Ha, 8.5nm OIII Exposure: 300sX30Ha, 300sX22 OIII captured on the nights of 1st and 8th January 2019 Stacked in Deep sky stacker, proceed in Pixinsight, finished in Photoshop
Hi All, Anyone using unmounted filters and QHYFW2M here? Please tell me what I am doing wrong? There is no manual to install filters and the below pic shows what I have tried. The wheel was working when filters weren't present, but isn't working after installation. There are a few brass threaded spacers I have no clue what to do about them.
A very rushed "First Light" image of my new kit. Many friends here know what I've recently purchased, but officially here is the announcement. Its a QHY9 Monochrome CCD camera with a Slim filter wheel for 7 x 36mm round filters. There are also LRGB Ha OIII and SII filters purchased. I also got a QHY5L-II guider and some other adapters to fit the whole thing together. After a couple tries, first light was last night and i've deviated from the M42 aka Orion Nebula image. This is the Rosette Nebula (Caldwell 49), and its associated cluster NGC2244 are approximately 5000 light years away in the Monoceros Constellation. Image is a stack of 18x300s in H-alpha lights, no darks and flats taken. Stacked using Median method in Deep Sky Stacker and quickly processed in Photoshop using only crop, levels, curves and unsharp mask. C&C are more than welcome.
I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%. Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon. All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019. Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned: Ha = 28.33 hours Oiii= = 5.67 hours Sii = 5.67 hours The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice). I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining. I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly. Any pointers would be appreciated. What I do currently: All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions. The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF Each is opened in PS Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up I then open a blank RGB document in PS I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette' Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance' That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required) The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur Cropped and saved. Here it is anyway I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise! CS Adam