Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter from last night (curse the trees)

broadway1

At last, some variable, but reasonable, seeing for me in Surrey last night. I mildly cursed my neighbour's trees yet again, as they were in the way and stopped me trying to get the GRS in all its glory. 

This image was captured through my C14 scope with 2x Televue barlow and taken my ASI 224MC camera using Firecapture 2.5. It was processed using Autostakkert, Registax 6, Winjupos, and Topaz De-noise.

Clear skies,

John

Jupiter 20170316_0056-Edit.jpg

That's a wonderful image John. I'm in Surrey too and was observing Jupiter at around 10 to 10.30pm. GRS is just peeking around the corner in your image, it was nicely placed on the disk when I caught it. As you say, the seeing was good at times but it did vary a lot.

It is amazing how much detail you have captured still, and very nicely processed too.

Wow.... great image.   Well done with the trees.  I have a 50ft Leylandii   due south of me... !!!.... although it does cut out the neighbours lights in that direction, but sods law dictates best seeing coincides with the object being due south....   arghh!!

Technical question:   which is best  2x TV Powermate, or 2x TV Barlow.....    or is it chalk and cheese..?       

Sean.

Small apologies for "mis-speaking"- I should have said that I was using a TeleVue Powermate, not a "barlow". I should also have said I was using an ADC, and the mount is an EQ8.

Craney, I have found I prefer the Powermate to the non-TeleVue barlow I was using before, but this is more to do with me liking the larger diameter of the Powermate since this helps the rigidity of the whole of my system, which includes a Meade focuser, on the back of the scope.  The 2" Powermate has good optics of course, and gives an on-screen image size I like for focusing.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. Yes Peter, probably my best to date - still a way to go to emulate you though. 

John

Archived