NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nice 12" dob on eBay

Stu

2 minutes ago, Astrobits said:

The image of the mirror down the tube doesn't look good. The reflection of the top of the tube is very low contrast ---heavily scratched mirror from all that "polishing"?

Nigel

Worrying indeed. I confess I hadn't  picked up the  it about cleaning the mirrors. Needs careful inspection before buying then.

At least this thread has highlighted that. 

Still like the colour though ;) 

1 hour ago, Chris Lock said:

Sorry couldn't help it, had to politely message asking how he polishes the mirror and how many times :)

I've got a response, they are good with their messaging so whoever buys it will have good coms :) 

" I only clean it if i notice any dust on the mirror, maybe twice a year, I use proprietary glass cleaner and polish with a soft cloth."

So I'm guessing the buyer will need to factor in the cost of re-coating the mirror, providing it isn't too scratched?

It's probably still much better than the speculum metal first used with reflectors! :icon_biggrin:

Bless, I didn't have the heart to say anything about the cleaning method, didn't want to upset them. 

33 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

I've got a response, they are good with their messaging so whoever buys it will have good coms :) 

" I only clean it if i notice any dust on the mirror, maybe twice a year, I use proprietary glass cleaner and polish with a soft cloth."

So I'm guessing the buyer will need to factor in the cost of re-coating the mirror, providing it isn't too scratched?

It's probably still much better than the speculum metal first used with reflectors! :icon_biggrin:

Bless, I didn't have the heart to say anything about the cleaning method, didn't want to upset them. 

thats ok then, at least its proper glass cleaner :icon_biggrin:

thought he was going to say a power washer

Archived