Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings

Paul Riley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a newcomer myself, WELCOME. A great bunch of guys & gals on here Paul and ever so friendly and helpful. Hope you get your scope soon. Just got mine today, Skymax Explorer 200P with GoTo EQ5 Sync Mount and it's blooming heavy too!

Geoff

• 2 years later...

H Paul and welcome to the forum.

It is very exciting buying kit with the expectations of what you might be able to see. However, the secondhand market though very useful (I've bought stuff :)) is testimony to a lot of hasty and sometimes ill thought out considerations. The stars aren't going anywhere so take your time considering the options - this in itself is an interesting project and will certainly improve your knowledge. Lastly, before you buy anything, please look through some of this gear whether at star parties, local astro society observations evenings or with local observing groups, because you can witness the reality behind the image on the box. Some of this kit is large, heavy with individual setting up complexities, will you need to transport it etc

So again welcome to this forum and your journey in astronomy. :eek:

James

Archived