Show us your Perseids

I've seen some beautiful images on the forum over the last few days, but I'm sure there must be more out there so show us your perseid images or images of you out there catching them.

As I managed to catch one or two last night during a better than expected clear spell I thought I'd post the brightest one I caught.

IMG_65742.jpg

ShrewView and T-Wing - fabulous!  Thank you both.  No live Perseids for us this year.  100% cloud here and although ClearOutside reckons we'll have a cloudless sky between midnight and 1.00am, other commitments mean we've got to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight to get up early tomorrow.  Hey ho, just means I will drool over the keyboard at the weekend when I look at everyone's images :)

Jayne

20 hours ago, T-WING said:

Great shot!

This was the best I could do yesterday. Faint aurora as well.

Too bad clouds rolled in this evening.

-TW

That's stunning. What a setting! Much better than my light polluted garden.

18 hours ago, geordie85 said:

This is the only real decent one I caught. 

I stupidly decided to take my 50mm canon lens instead of the kit lens which would have been much better. Oh well, live and learn.

Like it. Nice to get a galaxy in as well. M31 I assume? I did try to frame that and get some but caught nothing in that spot. I remembered afterwards I'd got an 18mm kit lens too. The one I was using only went down to 24, and it's surprising how hard they are to catch at all.

59 minutes ago, ShrewView said:

That's stunning. What a setting! Much better than my light polluted garden.

Like it. Nice to get a galaxy in as well. M31 I assume? I did try to frame that and get some but caught nothing in that spot. I remembered afterwards I'd got an 18mm kit lens too. The one I was using only went down to 24, and it's surprising how hard they are to catch at all.

You'll be correct to assume M31.

Yeah, they are much easier to see than to photograph. I need to learn to choose 1 direction and stick with it

Wonderful Perseid images above  !  Originally attempting image of owl hanging out in tall dead ash trees (trees killed by emerald ash borer, squash these horrible beatles on sight!), owl continues to outsmart me.  

Did catch 3 meteors evening before peak and an ISS pass.  Not lot of skill involved here, all sky cam 1 sec exp.  Animation at 2 exp per sec for meteors and 18 exp per sec for ISS pass. 

ML

finalzwometeorsfinalfinal - Copy.gif

finalisszwo - Copy.gif

wow  some really good pics and cool time lapse`s MilwaukeeLion

I only managed to capture 2

this one with dust trail/cloud, 30 sec exposures

soz it will have to be a link can`t figure out how to embed youtube video, best viewed full screen as its short a trail.

YouTube Link

and this one, heavily processed but I like it

milkyWay11.jpg

Archived