NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-129 bi-colour

ChrisLX200

Well I'm throwing in the towel on this one! Certainly until dark nights return anyway.  This is the previous Ha channel (10 x 1800s) plus tonight's OIII data (10 x 1800s in total now). 5 hrs integration and there was hardly any OIII signal there plus an enormous gradient which took drastic measures to counter. The gradient was due to imaging while the object was in the East, so to have any chance of my capturing a decent signal it will have to be on the meridian - and on the darkest of nights (or what passes for a dark night around here). So it's one very elusive Squid :)

NewLRGBComposite_zpsm3rkgunf.jpg

ChrisH

Thanks, and oh yes, I forgot to add that bit (it's been a long night and I'm just off to bed...). TV NP127is, Moravian G4-1600, Chroma 3nM filters, 10-Micron GM2000HPS, all 30min subs unguided :)

ChrisH

Thanks Sara and Tzitzis ;)

The marked gradient I had to remove damaged the detail as I had to use drastic measures to remove it, so the squid is no longer as sharp as it should be. Without the gradient it would have been better... :(  This object really needs darker skies than I have around here.

ChrisH

39 minutes ago, swag72 said:

There's nothing elusive about that squid Chris - It jumps off the page at you!! I rather like this rendition and the colours are very nice too :) 

Yes, couldn't agree more - super image Chris.  Congratulations a fine image of a very difficult target.  I hope I can replicate your success in the future. 

Now if you could just let me into your secret ability to clear away the clouds . . .

Thanks folks :)  

Barry, there's something about Sunday nights being clear around here, I don't know what it is but you can guarantee if there's only one night in the week with clear skies it's going to be a Sunday night (and especially when it's Full Moon!).

ChrisH

I thought it was an OIII arrow at first :D  That's one I've never tried and another for my list :)  When the weather allows anything at all, of course!

Yesterday the forecast was for most of tomorrow night clear, now it's only clear up to midnight.  I expect tomorrow all clear night sky will be gone :(  This has happened time and time again recently.  It's been weeks since I've even been able to make use of my all sky camera!

Archived