Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGLXII Star Party Bookings Open 6th June

Grant

3 hours ago, DaveS said:

Likewise, Dave.

As an aside, I wonder how many Dave / Davids will be turning up? :D I have visions of someone calling out "hey, Dave" and half the members turning round :eek: :D.

You can never have too many Daves....

hello dave.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lulu57 said:

Well, blow me down! I've not only learnt about the physics of bed-warming, I've learnt what AFAIK means too! (I had to look it up!) And in such a concise post too, Mike!

You are the Master, I am your Padawan Learner! ;)

Now look what you've started - I had to go and look up Padawan.

Just now, michaelmorris said:

Now look what you've started - I had to go and look up Padawan.

But at least I corrected the spelling - before my edit, you would have been looking up "Paduan Learner", which probably refers to the archetypical North Italian Renaissance Man!

I think I'll keep the equipment fairly simple, the Meg 90 and Trius 694 with the ST80 / QHY5 II guider. No filter wheel, as I plan on getting a TS filter drawer, one less USB lead to give problems. Having looked in Stellarium and the FOV calculator it looks a good match for M33 without any reduction. If I can get some H-alpha data here with the 3nm Astrodon I can do the RGB at a darker site, assuming the weather holds, ha ha.

Although I should have the DDM60 by then I'm not sure about finding a suitable tripod, and I can't use the laser alignment tool given the No Laser policy. Also taking time to make a model might be a bit of a bother,

3 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I'm trying to book at the moment for my first SGL star party.

I'm strictly visual so would appreciate any advice on which area to ask for.

Rob

I'm purely visual and I've booked Kingfisher 13. My first SGL was in March and that was the pitch I had and never encountered any problems. 

Just Google Lucksall caravan park site map and have a gander. 

Ally

On 10/06/2016 at 10:57, Hobbes said:

I'm trying to book at the moment for my first SGL star party.

I'm strictly visual so would appreciate any advice on which area to ask for.

Rob

If you get a really dark spot you have to beware inebriated astronomers tripping over you gear :grin:

Dave

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, nightfisher said:

quick question is the booking price per person or pitch, i.e if myself and the good lady attend camping is it same price per night

Absolutely - price is per pitch :-)

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cjdawson said:

As we're on the brink of september, and the party is in october.  Any news yet on the provisional site map?

I call the campsite late last week and they are still working on the pitch allocations.

Archived