Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil segment through the MN190

wavydavy

Heres an image from a few nights ago (8th) of a section of the Veil nebula. exposures were not as long as I would have liked due to cloud passing over, conditions were very average. This is a bi-colour image taken through the skywatcher mak Newtonian scope, an Atik 314L plus mono, with a 7 nm h-alpha filter, and an OIII filter. the h-alpha filter was 10 x 5 mins exposures, and the OIII filter was 9 x 5 mins.

Veil 8-5-16).jpg

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Thanks pyrasanth.............yeah its a great object. Many thanks for the comment...........mmm sodium street light, shotgun anyone??

I would amend your comment- perhaps to "I hope the bulb goes out..." as you will fall foul of the moderators!

15 hours ago, pyrasanth said:

That's a really nice image. I love the fine filaments. This is one of my favorite summer objects although the veil is positioned from my perspective under a sodium street light!

Narrow-Band is your friend.

Archived