Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

this is the state of my sky today

xtreemchaos

well i setup early thinking i might get lucky, and got a few cloudy shots and after about a hour it started to rain,so ive brought all my kit back in, its a shame cos through the cloud theres good seeing and the spot is looking good. its about two hours untill the transit starts and im ready to get setup again if it starts to clear. heres a few single shots straight out the camera. hope you all have better skys.charl.IM.pngIMG_5992.JPGIMG_6008.JPG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking good here Charl either. Bit of brightness early soon gave way to quite heavy cloud and that has been with me ever since. Looking at the forecast the north of England, Wales and most of Scotland should do ok.

Hope things clear up for you. I have the consolation of having seen one of these transits before.

thanks Dave t, its started to rain again here, only light but i dern put my gear out in it, i havnt put the canopy up cos theres a bit of wind about and i didnt think id need it with the amount of sunlight getting through.hope clears for you.charl.

I can't see a thing apart from clouds at the moment, but there's a good few hours to go yet. As with most astronomical events I'm forever hopeful of seeing something.

Ouch Charl!  Here's hoping you get at least a "hole" for a capture.

I'm three hours before the sun clears my mountains to the east here in the desert southwestern US.  So far, fingers crossed, the sky looks good for a capture.

Clear Skies (SOON!!!)

That's a bummer Charl. Lovely conditions here, apart for a rather strong wind. Managed to see first contact, but not the teardrop effect. Mercury now well onto the disk. Hope it clears for you later.

"Sorry" to be a windup merchant but it cleared just in good time and I managed to see the first contact, ink blot shape and all in good seeing too. Showed my space clubbers and they plotted the position now and will do same again later. Hope you all get some sky in due course.

Still clear here, but it's very very windy, so don't know how my images will turn out if at all

with a bit of luck you might get some clear gaps before it ends, still a while to go yet,

James

Yes, the circumstances are not very good. I couldn't magnify up to 125x today. Only got a clear view vies 60x. Enough for Mercury, but too small to see much of the sun spots.

Archived