Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR2529 still amazing

Moonshane

Despite a couple of days with no sun, the spot is still astonishing in white light. Managed a sketch today and although not 100% correct in terms of layout, it's close. Used 120 ED (reminding me of the level of detail possible with this scope), Lunt 1.25" wedge and 11mm Delite.

DSCF1066

Fab sketch Shane. Boo, you spoiled my fun ?.

The level of detail visible with a wedge and a decent scope is just amazing isn't it? Am quite intrigued by the Delites, they certainly seem to perform very well by all accounts.

I haven't sketched for ages, and had a very poor go the other day and gave up, too complicated! Must try again

I have to agree Shane, the spot at present is awesome. I have been following her for the past few hours and that's all down to your old 120 Startravel Shane ! Solar film and a WO SPL 6mm are getting me up and really close.

if I were to substitute the solar film for a herchel wedge would I get much better and clearer views ?

That's great Shane!

It sure has been a pleasure to have the sun in the sky longer than a couple hr's before hitting roof tops. Even had me top off doing a bit of sun bathing while taking in the views Wednesday but never gave it a thought to grab me pad and pencil :(

Great sketch Shane !

Even I've been tempted into a bit of white light solar observing this afternoon. it's a splendid feature on an otherwise rather featurless disk (white light-wise anyway).

Very nice sketch :thumbsup: I had a decent view through somewhat variable seeing with my 250px-stopped-down-to-50mm with just solar film. You're really picking up some much finer lovely detail than I could manage. I was quite troubled by floaters today - maybe I need a dark towel over my head (constricted iris??). As if I didn't look like enough of an odd-ball to my neighbours... and indeed my wife!!

Still, I caught many of the basic details - a very enjoyable first solar viewing in absolutely ages before the pesky clouds rolled in once more... :rolleyes:. Great just to catch it before it rotates out of view.  Would love to look through a Ha scope sometime :)

Thanks! - yes I was on that limit using my 13T6, and chancing my arm with my 7T6. Yeah I meant to end up with closer to a full aperture mask originally tbh, but let's just say I had an embarrassing mishap with the filter before I even got to use it. Nett result: had just enough left over to cover the 50mm hole in the 250px dustcap!

Archived