Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie from London... Hi

TheMarquis

I just wanted to say hi from a newbie in London looking to meet awesome people, help further my skills in Astrophotography and knowledge of the night sky. So... Hello :hello2:

Below is my first ever attempt at taking a photograph of the Moon (except for when I was a kid with my little 35m lol). I took the photo by holding my Nikon 1 up to the eye piece of a telescope (the only info I have on the telescope is that it was a Meade, yes extremely amateur but I was only giving it a try). It's a few years old but after a chance meeting with fellow member, my desire to take photos of the sky has rekindled...

I intend on starting to take photographs of the Moon and sky again. I will be using a Canon EOS 100D with a 55-250mm telescopic lens. Living in London I'm not entirely sure what I'll be able to capture but I'll let you know!!! If you're a Londoner I would love to know where you go about in the city for some clear sky and if anyone has any other tips about the kit I'll be using that would be really cool.

Have a great day all x

large.Marquis.JPG

Hi fellow Londonite :)

Welcome to SGL!

If you're looking to meet fellow astronomers in London, the Baker Street Irregulars is an astro society that meet in Regent's Park once a month. They're a friendly bunch :)

http://www.bakerstreetastro.org/

We do have a "bit" of light pollution here in London, but you can still get really nice views of the moon and the planets.

2 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

hi mate and welcome from charl in south wales. great first moon image.well done. clear skys, charl.

Thanks!! I hope it's a good start to astrophotography and not a random fluke lol, we shall see x

Hi TheMarquis and welcome to SGL. As you are in the London area, a visit to the Baker Street Irregulars As, who meet in Regents Park on a regular basis, should be on you list of things to do, see their website for meeting times info, enjoy the forum :) 

Hi and welcome - I got my best view of the moon in London out of a ground floor flat in Belsize Park in 1980 with a second hand F15 3 inch refractor-kept me in the hobby! - good luck and best wishes -Tony

• 2 months later...

Archived